• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where the heck can I buy barrel

3rd Batt

Copper BB
I'm just tryin to find a dang barrel for the past month, no venders or dealers can find any, lookin for SPX w bead barrel, and no bueno, let alone any barrel to cut down , any help is appreciated, thnx

Have you tried contacting Mossberg directly?

They often have barrels in stock that do not appear on their web site.

That said I looked for an SPX barrel for a long time before I found one at a decent price in the marketplace.

The 18.5" security barrel with bead sight is part # 93020. (Out of stock according to the OFM web site but I would call anyway)

I called, out of barrels for 4 months...WTF mossberg, they are that popular I guess , or not prepared...

There were some issues with the SPX model when it was first released and they because severely backlogged with repairs, etc.

The 930 is also popular for competition so people would buy the std model and then order a shorted barrel for competition, etc.

Combine that with OFM having some internal CS and QC issues and you can see where I'm going.

Keep your eyes open, they do occasionally pop up in the marketplace and on auction sites.

I looked for quite a while before I found my SPX barrel and I looked for a while longer before I found the security barrel that replaced it (I really did not like the elevated front sight).

The 930 is also popular for competition so people would buy the std model and then order a shorted barrel for competition, etc.

^ This.

With the demand for complete firearms being so high they are not many extra components available for sale. Mossberg is doing all they can to keep up with production...

3rdBatt, Don't know where you live, but my LGS has a buttload of barrels for a variety of shotguns. Don't know if he's got what you are looking for, but you might give him a call. Shop is in Hamilton, MS. Mitch's Gun Shop (662) 343-8322 . Ask for Michael or Mitch.

I bought my 930 with the breacher barrel at Wal-Mart for $500 because I always wanted a 930 and the price was about the best I could find for that style of shotgun.

...and it was one of those moments when I discovered that I'm an impulse buyer. :oops:

Liked it well enough but have you ever tried to slide that barrel end into a nice soft gun case that only has a half zipper opening? o_O

Spent last night filing off the rest of those super sharp teeth and it slides in great now but the barrel is still a little heaver than I think it has to be...but that is one seriously strong barrel!

Suppose I could still blast off a dead bolt if I ever decide to do something like that. :rolleyes:

Oh damn.

I had the same issue with my breacher barrels, but found a simple solution while trying items found around the house. This one's a cap off a bottle of olive oil. Fits like it was made for it...

Works like a charm and keeps the breacher from shredding the scabbard. It fits over the muzzle tight enough that it won't slip off in the scabbard, but not so tight that it's difficult to remove.

I would never suggest capping a muzzle on any other firearm even just for transport due to the possibility that forgetting to remove it could potentially cause serious damage or injury, but with the breacher tip this is not an issue...

That was a great idea you came up with to deal with that problem! :cool:

...of course it's a little late for me to un-file those teeth now... :oops:

Maybe I'll just file in some new ones! :D

(kidding)

The plastic cap ain't pretty, but it works!

Was using the cork from a bottle of Patron for a while, but the cap is easier...

Back