• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where to buy a Mossberg 930 or 930 SPX?

Re: JM PRO series update

No not direct, through my lgs. And price paid was 599. I called my lgs today because I want them to call mossy and get an expected date if possible. If its going to take longer than say... 2 more mos then I may inquire about the versamax. But I really wanted the mossy since its half the price. I have to call back tomorrow and I'll post any updates.

Well today he told there is no way to find out when they will be available so its a waiting game. I asked him about the versamax tactical as an alternative and he did an online search and there were none available. Now this lgs is one of the best around as far as getting hard to get firearms. They typically get first dibs from the distributors over all other gun shops in the area so if they can't get one then it is what it is for now.

I tell ya, mossy really dropped the ball on production on the . They could have sold tons of these guns had the made them. Bad business on their part. I may be forced to buy a benelli which is way above my budget since I can't find a mossy PR a versa Max.

ha!

these guns have been selling like hot cakes since before the panic. they've been hard to find period and Mossberg hasn't been able to get ahead ever since they introduced a decent auto for half the price or less then all other leading autos....

then we get an industry scare like this, you can hardly find ANY gun let alone any auto shotguns and somehow Mossberg really dropped the ball?

I would definitely be placing blame on something like maybe the politicians elected or kicking yourself for not getting on picking up a gun prior to this point in time.... but it's def not the company who's been stretched on production for years prior to an industry wide increase in sales for ammo and firearms due to our 2nd A. rights being attacked...

Good luck finding one of any of the autos your interested in man. just remember there is no such thing as the last great deal n don't overspend regardless

Considering I've been around fire arms for over 30 years and I'm extremely politically active I'm more aware than most in regards to the current political climate and the panic buying that started since Obama got elected, and which certainly got worse after new town. Not to mention you can't find any reasonably priced ammo for anything except 12ga target ammo. Blame myself, well sure I could have tried to buy one sooner but had other priority firearms higher on the list. I think its pretty darn simple that mossberg clearly under estimated the demand for this gun and that was bad business no matter what political climate we are in. They missed an opportunity to corner the market with thus gun as the price range its at. I will more than likely wait it out since I have other mossys to shoot, but the jmpro was a real want, not a need.

Maybe it was a mistake for OFM to only make a small quantity of the JM's and maybe it wasn't. This was a new twist to the 930 platform directed to a small audience--3 gun competitors. Why throw a ton of money and considerable manufacturing time into something that may not pan out? Yes, there were ripples of upcoming 2A fights but no one expected Sandy Hook to hit the US. The JM's seemed to disappear quickly but at least the company didn't end up with tens of thousands they were unable to sell. Hindsight is always 20/20 (unless your a politician) so pointing fingers does no good. Consider it a missed opportunity. Maybe OFM will bring them back out but unless the current climate gets better I'm not sure they can or will. I'm sure OFM is not the only manufacturer in this position. Many are trying to stay alive awaiting the outcome of the ongoing gun related discussions. Just my 2 cents...

Take it how you will but I'm not bashing mossy, but I am being a bit critical and of course disappointed that there is up to a 10 month wait for this gun. And they clearly missed the boat on this, and hind sight is 20/20. I'm not quite sure why you guys feel like you have to defend mossberg when the fact is that demand out weighs supply and they missed the mark on that. It sucks for us, and it sucks for them.

I'm not really defending them. That is just my personal take on it. I have no affiliation to OFM other than owning two shotguns. Yeah, they obviously missed a great opportunity but no one has a crystal ball to look thru. I just think that 3 gun is a small niche in the market and they were testing the waters. Only time will tell if they made a mistake...

Anyone care to do the math on how much it would take to duplicate one??? I came close once before when they didn't exist but deleted all my notes when it came out and I'm not about to do it again using my IPhone for searching parts and what it would cost to have a bbl cut down to 22" and what internals would need to be polished!

OhioArcher said:
I'm not really defending them. That is just my personal take on it. I have no affiliation to OFM other than owning two shotguns. Yeah, they obviously missed a great opportunity but no one has a crystal ball to look thru. I just think that 3 gun is a small niche in the market and they were testing the waters. Only time will tell if they made a mistake...
I didn't take your post to be defensive in nature, and I also agree there is no crystal ball that they could have known ahead of time to know how popular they would be. Still doesn't change that they missed the mark and plenty of people are disappointed and annoyed that the production is dirt slow.

I paid my deposit on my JM Pro last May, it arrived last week. We've been told we might not see any more in the UK for the forseeable future.

Don't know WHY, but there a a LOT of Mossberg 930's, in all kinds of different configurations, on Gun Broker right now.

Go to Gun Broker and search for "Mossberg 930". Then hang on to your hat. :cool: I got 65 hits. not all good, but many were...

Duane

Back