• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where to buy a Mossberg 930 or 930 SPX?

Re: JM PRO series update

Makes me glad I got mine for $600 OTD on sale back a few months ago. Wish I had bought the other one the same store had, because I like mine so much. Could have got it a little cheaper because they had misplaced the extra tubes and other accessories that come with them.

I got my SPX 7+2 from a local gun shop that does more instructing than selling guns they have pistols and not much else. They ordered it from their distributor and I paid mossbergs MSRP, no markup on price (this place is great) and the only downside was that I had to wait until their distributor received the model from mossberg. It was about four months to wait but I got it just before Christmas (a gift from me to me).

The reason I did this was to avoid the factory problems noted in earlier models (front sight canted to the side not lining up with the ghost ring for example) and I'm always leary of people looking to sell good weapons so I hoped I would get (without too much waiting) an off the factory line SPX and it worked out fine. I don't know how many people now will be able to get their hands on a weapon like this without price gouging but who knows.

I've resigned myself to just waiting it out. I was thinking about getting something else bit I'm just going to wait. It is what it is unfortunately. I'll post any updates on production I find out.

thecelt,

I guess that you don't want to hear me say something like "there's one on Gun Broker right now, and the no reserve high bid so far is at $101.00"

Yeah, it'll probably sell for a lot more than than.

But you never know.

I once bought a new, in the crate, $2500 engine for $389 on EBAY.

Never give up. Bid what you can afford, but keep looking.

There are deals to be found...

Duane

Hey Duane, thanks. I just decided to stop "ocd'ing" over "having" to get a semi auto right away. I was debating buying an arfcom benelli m2 which should be available any day now but I said screw it, and decided to take that extra 1000 bucks and put it towards my new ATV instead.

thecelt,

That's fine. You have to make you own decisions about where to spend YOUR money. :lol:

BTW, that gun is at $680 right now.

And there are 3 others at under $800.

I'm not picking on you, but people who say "there are none available" just are not looking hard enough.

And I'm just talking about Gun-Broker. There are a bunch of other places to be looking...

Enjoy your Brute Force. Gas is cheaper than ammo. :mrgreen:

Duane

Duane said:
thecelt,

That's fine. You have to make you own decisions about where to spend YOUR money. :lol:

I'm not picking on you, but people who say "there are none available" just are not looking hard enough.

And I'm just talking about Gun-Broker. There are a bunch of other places to be looking...

Duane

...you don't live in southern California, do you?

gas is retardedly expensive.

thecelt said:
Hey Duane, thanks. I just decided to stop "ocd'ing" over "having" to get a semi auto right away.

I had a pump for probably 10+ years before i got my first semi-auto. And honestly I still trust a pump more than I do my semi. In most situations I do not see the benefit of one over the other, they both have strengths and weaknesses.

I've got several pumps, break actions, along with other long guns/handguns so wanting a semi auto sg is merely a want and not a need. I have tons of fun shooting trap with a pump but that's not the point.

Oh I've looked and I think I'd be hard pressed to find anyone who can scour the net as well as myself. But the fact is I placed an order with my lgs (who I do tons of business with yearly) for 599 and being that i dont "need" the gun im not going to pay a dollar more especially when people are selling them for ridiculous amounts. Granted, once I put a down payment on one my hunt was basically over. I had seen them on gun broker prior to placing my order, but I don't consider people selling a gun for nearly double average retail on gun broker real "availability". So we are in a holding pattern until they decide to start building them again.

Duane said:
thecelt,

Duane

Well stated. Myself, I'm willing to pay up to MSRP, but that's about it.

But for someone to say (not you) "there are none available" is a bit different than "there are none available, at the price that I'm willing to pay."

I've ran across several that were outrageously over priced, but I've also ran across a few that were moderately priced.

But you ain't going to find a high demand item at a bargain basement price.

Reasonable, or moderately priced is the best you can expect for a high demand item.

Duane

my jaw dropped when ive seen them go for over a grand on gb.... to me that is versa max or m2 territory... im a big mossberg fan with 2 500's myself and i heavily debated putting money down on a versa max, but i wanted to stick with the mossberg family and the price is hard to argue with. my lgs has budsgunshop prices on just about everything, and they have been around for so long and do so much freaking business that they get first dibs on everything (including ammo) from the distributors in my region. last time i was there they still had a (24") in stock for 599 as well, but thats not what i wanted, so i placed my order and hoped it would only be a couple months. at this point it is what it is, i changed my "ocd" focus to atvs for the time being so i dont drive myself crazy stressing about when my new "toy" will come in. i am surprised at how mossberg under estimated the demand for this gun, but hind sight is 20/20. im sure ill have mine soon enough but i hope they step up their production for future buyers and perhaps that will force other sa sg makers to lower their prices a bit as id still like to get an m2 or vm down the road to add to the collection.

Let the "OCD"ing start over... :D

Enjoy your new gun. Please let us know how you like it.

Duane

Ya know, its funny how things work. I initially thought it would only be a couple months. Then, according to some people in the know; it could have been august before we would see them. Then, a dealer on ar15.com in the 3gun shotgun forum said he was already waiting a year to get one. So I switched my "ocd" back over to atvs and decided to just forget about it as to not make myself nuts... and about a week later I get the call...go figure. I actually just spent a lot of scratch on my new quad so paying the balance on the 930 is gonna hurt a bit, but it is what it is and no regrets.

I gotta see if I can pick it up before the weekend and then try her out. Being a holiday weekend I'm gonna try to fit it all in. And I will certainly post up my first impressions.

Sweet! Congrats on being a new owner...all over again...

Picked up a sweet 22" JM Pro model on Saturday. $569 at a local shop. I figured it must be good since it says "tactical" right there on the side of the gun. Unless your "tactics" include firing the gun once then running real fast this may not be the right "tactical" weapon for your plans. Mine came complete with Jerry Miculek's endorsement and a non-functional extractor. Luckily the store I purchased it from offers a lifetime warranty on firearms purchased from them so it immediately went back. The spring plunger that bears on the extractor was stuck (very stuck!) in place and the plunger didn't even TOUCH the extractor so the extractor was just kinda hanging out all floppy like in the bolt. I wonder sometimes if these manufacturers test each firearm or just a random sample from the loaded railcar headed out. Anywho, I'm not much of an automatic shotgun man and this experience does nothing to change that, so when the gun is repaired the line forms here for new ownership.

i passed on a deal for a JM Pro 22" last year....

yeah yeah didnt know what i had staring at me at the time.

now i want one and have been searching high and low :cry:

Back