• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where to Mount My Red / Green Dot

Newbie question here.
I have a Mossberg Persuader 7+1 with a 20" barrel. I'm new to shooting and have surprised myself with my accuracy with my handguns, so... for fun I decided to get a rail and a Konus 7247 based on the recommendation of my local gun shop. I realize my Mossberg is designed as a Home Defense piece but I'm curious to see how accurate I could be with it. I'm also considering buying the 28" barrel available for this model. (No 24" rifled barrel is available for the 7+1).

Finally! My question- Where on the rail do I mount the sight? On the rear close to my eye? I noticed that this gives the widest range, but my 52 year old eyes see the dot a bit fuzzy here. On the front of the rail? It narrows the view considerably but the dot is REALLY crisp.

Please advise!
Thanks!

Welcome to the Forums, Brad! I have just upgraded my old 5+1 to the 7+1 with a new mag tube and barrel. You would be surprised at how accurate you can already be with the bead sight and slugs! Went shooting to day and I did pretty well shooting clays! Give the bead sight a chance too!

What 28" barrel is available for the 8 shot tube??

Mounting the dot will be different for everyone for the reasons you stated above. Mine rides as far back on the rail as possible where is offers a wide FOV and the dot presents nice and crisp...

Move yours back and forth as needed until you find your sweet spot...

What 28" barrel is available for the 8 shot tube??[/quote]

There is a Part number 90241 28" barrel available from Mossberg for $133. I understand you have to order it and then they make it so it'll take 3-4 weeks.

I ended up mounting it forward on the rail. We set up paper targets and shot from about 25 yards. 1st shots down the barrel were rifled slugs- 6" low and 3" left. We dialed in the adjustments and started putting slugs through the bullseye. Multiple shooters sent slugs, #8 birdshot, 00 buckshot and #4 buckshot down the tube and the optic performed fine. When I got home the lockdown screw had loosened just a bit (my fault for not checking it). From what I've read on the other posts, based on a shotguns trajectory I should expect the round to hit the target a bit high at 50 yards and then drop from there...
This was my first time shooting a shotgun and this is my first shotgun. I had a great time! My 26 y/o son and 24 y/o daughter shot it today as well and they loved it!
The gun performed really well!

Nice!

Glad to see you got it worked out and that your Persuader is performing well for you...

Back