• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where to purchase Federal LE132 1B #1 Buck Shot Shells ?

I'm starting to shy away from these now. the use of words like law enforcement and tactical do not give me the warm fuzzy's.
looking into wax slugs instead. wax just sounds so home maker !

I'm starting to shy away from these now. the use of words like law enforcement and tactical do not give me the warm fuzzy's.
looking into wax slugs instead. wax just sounds so home maker !

I see what you did there. :D Take care. Tom Worthington

I went go the range today and tried the LE132 #1 buckshot again. I have not shot any for more than 3 years. I tried at 40 feet instead of 21 feet. I shot 5 rounds and last shot went a bit high. Even at 40 feet there was not a lot of pattern.

The shotgun is an 18.5" Mossberg 590A1 with a S&J Hardware +2 extension. Added a LimbSaver recoil pad, a buttstock side saddle, and a TLR-1s light. Has a simple bead sight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433120082.327039.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433120110.017715.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433121122.376487.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone that's still looking for the Federal LE #1 buckshot....I found some recently at Streichers.com and Palmetto State Armory. Streicher's showed it was on backorder, but mine came in about a week after I ordered. $4 for a box of 5 rounds. PSA was $3.39 a box, but the shipping was higher, so the price was pretty much a wash.

Edit: I must have bought the last of it from Streicher's. Now they are showing they no longer carry it. But, SGammo has it in stock for $31.90 for 50 rounds or $159.50 for 250 rounds.

Last edited:
If I were guessing, shotgun ammo companies are concentrating on and running their annual turkey hunting shells right now, rather than buck or slugs.

Back