• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Which barrel clamp fits the Mossberg 930 SPX best?

OhioLefty

Copper BB
Which barrel clamp fits the Mossberg 930 SPX best? Which causes the least amount of marring? Which is most economical and still does a good job. I'm thinking of doing some shotgun side matches at the IDPA and USPSA matches I shoot at and want to have something secure for "barrel dumps".

Thanks for your time.

If your SPX is stock (with the Choate extension) the Nordic will fit, but because of the SPX front sight tower has to be located behind it. This will keep if from marring the tubes as it naturally wants to creep forward under recoil. If you have a Nordic MXT, they are thicker and Nordic's clamp is designed to seat into the groove of the extension, which may be where the sight tower lives depending on length.

William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

Thanks for the reply William. Yes, everything is stock on my 930 SPX so I'll give the Nordic a try. By the way, I'm hoping you guys run a "Black Friday" special this year. I'm wanting to do some OR3GUN upgrades to my 930 but I'm on a pretty tight budget right now. Also, let me know if you ever have any blems at a discount. Thanks again.

Back