• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Why carry a gun?

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
This is why. And also why all rules that make it more difficult to do so need to be stricken from the books. The meme that drove the creation of the thousands of gun control laws and regulations has time and again been proven to be wrong, and that governments at all levels were wrong to create such laws.

BY DANA CRISWELL

The crime rate in Memphis, TN soared in 2014. WREG reported that last year saw an exceptionally high rate of crime. About 130 murders, 320 rapes, 6,900 aggravated assault calls, and 3,000 robberies. The most shocking is the murder rate, which is up 17 percent from last year.

The gun control lobby tell us that “Private citizens don’t need firearms because the police will protect them from crime,” but is that the truth?

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled many times that the police have no “duty to protect” citizens. The fact is, They don’t even have to come when you call. The police owe no legal duty to protect individual citizens from criminal attack. The District of Columbia’s highest court spelled out plainly the “fundamental principle that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen.”

http://www.mississippigunnews.com/2015/03/why-i-carry-a-gun-crime-is-up-and-police-are-down/

I carry when I am alone because it is like a life jacket, it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I carry when I am with my family because I owe it to them to protect them from the animals that currently roam our streets and never intend to let my loved ones down. To be honest I feel a responsibility to the innocent and weak that are not able to defend themselves also, but my loved ones are my primary motivation.

LES ....... its funny because yoi and I both know if some $#!T popped off somewhere that you were all together that same said person would be asking " do you have your gun with you " instead of why you carry one [emoji6]

I was told the other day at work that I thought I was a bad ass only because I carried. I said "no, I am a bad ass. Test me if you want", somewhat jokingly. I thought that before I carried so nothing has changed. I actually carry myself a bit less in-your-face because I do carry. But I know one less person I need to care about if some neighborhood thug comes thru the door...:p

I have been carrying for almost 30 years now, and I would say I am more likely to avoid trouble because I am carrying.

On another aspect of it, I joke here in Arizona about carrying in businesses that have the "No Firearms" signs, that I promise not to help if they are being robbed. Truth of the matter is, I could not stand by and watch something like that occur without giving aid. It will never be the moron owner with a weapon in their face, it will be some high school girl working for minimum wage.

I feel it is my responsibility to protect myself and family first and foremost. I take that task very seriously, though I am sure my wife would roll her eyes at that statement and call me paranoid. Serving in 2 wars and working in countries that have spawned the most notorious terrorists ever has taught me to watch my own back and not count on anyone else to do it for me.

Because it is my 2A right and have always had a love affair with firearms. And I live in a city that will not issue ccw. But, I just don't care what they allow or not, it is my right.

After being stabbed in the back during a robbery attempt near an Orlando area bus station in 1980, then being beaten to the point of hospitalization walking back to my hotel in San Francisco in 1987, I won't let them get the best of me a third time. So you know what the old saying is: 3 strikes and your out. Not getting to that third strike without a more fair swing at bat next time.

Back