• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Why didn't I think of this?

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
A black powder rifle is not considered a firearm.

They are not subject to regulation in any of the states and are classified as antiques.

This means that black powder guns can be ordered through the mail and without a background check being necessary.

The minds at silencerco have really impressed me with the release of the Maxim 50. Pretty ingenious if you ask me. I'm sure that it will make some of the antigunners squirm.

Now I need to start looking around for a black powder rifle.

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/09/silencerco-maxim-50-muzzleloader/#axzz4t8x4YH9V

https://www.americanrifleman.org/ar...-ever-50-state-legal-suppressed-muzzleloader/

Video of it in use:

MI doesn't consider them firearms either but no one I've checked with will ship one to MI without a FFL. <facepalm>

Finally got to sit and peruse the videos on this one.

I want it!

MI doesn't consider them firearms either but no one I've checked with will ship one to MI without a FFL. <facepalm>
Thats so strange ? At walmart here you can actually buy a muzzle loader in a flippin blister pack with everything you need except the powder. Just take it off the shelf and go check out any register.

I think the issue here is if it accepts a centerfire barrel, the receiver would then be classified as a modern firearm.

But for those (dedicated) black powder rifles, they aren't classified or regulated as such.

Thats so strange ? At walmart here you can actually buy a muzzle loader in a flippin blister pack with everything you need except the powder. Just take it off the shelf and go check out any register.
You can do that here as we but I have tried to buy some online and could not get it shipped directly to me.

~SUPRESSED~ SMOKE POLE TIME !! :D

Gun Show at the PA National Guard Armory this weekend...Sept 23rd & 24th, 2017

I'll be looking...

Back