1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Why I carry several different guns...

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement And Military' started by nitesite, May 28, 2019.

1. nitesite

nitesite Sheepdog Moderator "Philanthropist"

... from a handgun to a PCC to an AR to an M1A.

I wish I could also carry a flame thrower, an M79, plus something belt fed, and that mini-gun we saw in PREDATOR.

"Officer, why do you have four guns?"

"Because five starts to get pretty heavy."

If I were the scene OIC it would have been The Charge of the Light Brigade on his ass.

WARNING: GRAPHIC VIDEO and AUDIO

2. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Holy freaking sheet!!

The guys remained pretty calm for facing a FA with no hard cover....but what choice did they have.

And people wonder why many LEOs are so defensive all the time.

I sure hope the officer that got hit recovered OK as well as any one else downrange of that firestorm.

I assume they announced before breaching the door, but even if you thought you were being home invaded for that split second, you would stop shooting.

Either this was a really bad guy or someone mentally unstable. I'm guessing the later but either way it probably did not end well for them.
    meanstreak and nitesite like this.
  3. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I saw that video last week. It is a really harrowing situation for sure.
    meanstreak likes this.
  4. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

At least the good guys recovered. I had hoped that the shooter died a slow and agonizing death but he committed suicide. He did have shotgun wounds to the face and arm so at least there is that.
    meanstreak and nitesite like this.
  5. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter

I cannot for the life of me understand people. The few times I have had to interact with police I have never been treated disrespectful. I treat them with respect and that is the way they have always treated me. Granted, it has mostly been traffic stops.

I certainly appreciate the job they do. Every encounter they have could be bad, and they don't know who or when. Every officer involved shooting I have read about or saw on the news could have been avoided if the civilian would have complied.

It was sickening the way law enforcement was treated the 8 years before Trump. I think that will take a long time to overcome.
    nitesite likes this.