• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Why I don't do Facebook

You can do all this for free over at Proboards and not be involved in Facebook at all, and if you want to do it without advertisements you can have your own private family site for 6 bucks a month.

That gets you 60k Pageviews, which is plenty unless you have an enormous family.

I don't have any financial interest in Proboards; but I have maintained a few different forum sites there, the service has been reasonable and the cost has been exceptionally low.

In some ways it will seem very basic compared to Facebook but on the other hand they're not tracking your movements, and you have a fairly free hand with the site architecture.
Problem is, my family is all in. FB, IPhones, Alexa and so on.

If I want to communicate with them I am locked into FB. Non techy people navigate to the easiest to use technologies, which is why FB, Instagram, Twitter and the like are thriving. People choose to ignore security in favor of convienience. I keep saying it, but it will be our undoing.

Your family=your rules. Best of luck.
++++++++++++++++++++++

Nobody wants to register their guns, but I see that folks are far too willing to register every other bit of their lives on FB.

I cannot imagine a single lawyer in the nation who would advise this.

Zuckerberg should be the most hated guy in America just because of how he started out: He came up with the world's most sexist computer "quiz" and it lead to a fortune from his sexual objectification of women.

Let me be clear: his fortune came from a game where the object is to pick the hotest girl, from a roster of young co-oeds. It's the world's most sexist thing ever, and every woman in America ignores it or just doesn't know or care.

If Trump put up a game called "Pick the hottest Intern", there would be people picketing 24/7.

Back