• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Why I would never have an HD firearm personalized.

In NY, if I defend myself in my own home against a career criminal and I discharge my firearm. I go to jail and go to grand jury trial.

My HD shotgun is decked out. Sure fire for end light, black, tritium front bead, 7 round side saddle.
Mine too, but does it say "Kill them all let God sort 'em out" on the side? I doubt it. That is the point. All the other accessories, grips,lights, etc. may give you a little bumpier ride in court depending on where you may live, but there is no reason to add a skull and cross bone paint job to it. That is what this is really about. Accessorizing is one thing, but something that can be misconstrued as a statement on your character is another thing all together. It is important to know the world you currently live in and adapt accordingly.

Lol. The site owner lives in NY and has or had his 930 dipped in a skull theme.

And any bs shady state prosecutor will try and say my shotgun was set up with malicious intent.

It's not what's on your gun that defines your actions.

It's the situation you're in and how you acted.

Hell they tried to say Zimmerman wanted to hurt people by going to MMA 3x a week.

I'm a 3rd dan in a full contact Kara-te system. I must be contract killer. Rolls eyes.

Tell you guys what... You can live in paranoia. I'm not gonna. If I want to inscribe bible verses on my property or the middle finger. That's my business as a free man.

If I go out looking for trouble... Well I deserve what I get and the full weight of the law.

If trouble came to me in my own home and I use what I need to stop the threat. My lawyer is gonna do his job along with forensics and the 911 call.

I'm not ok with adapt accordingly to what amounts to Bovine Scatology.

The only relevant action is pulling the trigger to stop a threat.

Giving in to people with an agenda who will use any detail to paint us all as crazy extremists is why we're even talking about this.

In NY, if I defend myself in my own home against a career criminal and I discharge my firearm. I go to jail and go to grand jury trial.

My HD shotgun is decked out. Sure fire for end light, black, tritium front bead, 7 round side saddle.
Wouldn't be any different here. Arrest, charges filed, jail visit, release and then court later.

I'm pretty sure if you're boiling down the "mindset" of an individual to a couple of words on a dust cover, something along your chain of thought is broken. I can't speak to the state of this officers mind, whether he was out to get folks that day or not. I can only say this much... it doesn't matter what color my firearms is, or if I've got some stickers or words or sayings on it (heck, I'm pretty sure there's a company making a 9mm handgun with the bill of rights written on it), If I'm going to use it to protect my life, the last thing I'm thinking about is how good or cool I look while using it.

I mean if we're gonna apply that logic then anyone buying a Ferrari or Lamborghini should get prosecuted for possibly speeding.

I will throw this in though... if you decide to modify your firearms in such a way that it may be distracting (i.e. the suuuuuuuuuuper tacticool, triple mag stacker, 15K lumen light/laser/scope/red dot combo, forend grip with bipod, 7 point sling etc) and have no idea how to properly use it and understand the implication of deadly force, then it's on you to convince to jury otherwise!

HMMMM... I suppose a bayonet lug would mean you intend to gut someone--muy muy malo if a bayonet is actually installed! :eek: Flash hider would mean you want to remain hidden... :rolleyes: A sling would mean you intend on carrying the gun to a scene of a crime you intend on committing. Pistol grip is so you can hold the gun in one hand and one in the other hand--double the damage... Or course, a hi-cap mag means you are planning terrorist activity...

Back