• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Why people should be armed

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
In San Jose, CA a few days ago. This is why people should be armed, among other good reasons. The world is filled with bad people who do bad things. Why don't more folks understand this? :(

This could easily have ended very badly for the 2 women and the baby, and nearly did.

Surveillance cameras inside a family's home in San Jose, California, captured how a pair of brazen would-be robbers broke into their house and tried to attack two female relatives and a baby with knives.

The disturbing incident took place just after 11am last Friday in the upscale Evergreen section of the city.

Homeowners Bani Kaur and Bikram Jeet Singh were away at the time, but the couple's sister-in-law and her mother were babysitting their one-year-old daughter upstairs.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...me-threaten-relatives-baby.html#ixzz3a3Fcuz3Z

Never leave home without it...!!

A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.”
George Washington

( excerpt from the first state of the union address, Jan. 8, 1790 )

Not said in the news reports is how long it took the police to respond. Since the bad guys were in the house for several minutes and were long gone by the time the cops showed up, I'd guess 10-15 minutes minimum. A lot can happen in that time. :mad:

Hell, I'm never without it IN the home either...
My wife has an issue once in a while until a local home invasion happens. Then I get to explain why I carry in the house and why I have other "tools" available. It's important that everyone in the household understand why things are the way they are even if they will not be a active participant.

Being armed is just one tool in the box. People should also learn to fight or at least learn a few defensive take down moves. The more different skills you have the more options you have when its game on.

Back