• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wild Bunch! 3 gun for the rest of us!

blue

20g
Okay. This is really hard... Hi... I'm Blue and I'm not a fan of the AR... :oops:

So imagine how excited I got when I found out about wild bunch shooting.

What's the equipment used you ask?

A single stack 1911

A major caliber lever action rifle

And a freakin' model 97 trench gun!

Now, the dressing up part I'm not so sure about, but them's some guns I can really get behind!!!!!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekKe_GSx29g[/youtube]

Holy wow, i was getting anxiety just watching him move and shoot so fast! Lol I don't know that I could be under that much pressure! Nice guns though.

That's pretty cool. Although I'd think one would be worried about ricochet hitting steel targets at that range.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
That's pretty cool. Although I'd think one would be worried about ricochet hitting steel targets at that range.

It is a bit scary, but they've been doing cowboy action forever and know how to set up a course. You'll notice that all the targets are reactive or free-hanging. That helps a lot.

Nice find Blue! Thats some shootin I can handle!

I do like the AR just cuz its so versatile. I'd be able to set it up for either myself or my daughter. Though I'd be alright with a mini 14, and if I ever come across 2 grand I dont need that badly, I'd def get an M1A, or an M14 IF I COULD FIND ONE!!!

Rossignol said:
Nice find Blue! Thats some shootin I can handle!

I do like the AR just cuz its so versatile. I'd be able to set it up for either myself or my daughter. Though I'd be alright with a mini 14, and if I ever come across 2 grand I dont need that badly, I'd def get an M1A, or an M14 IF I COULD FIND ONE!!!

I hear ya! I like the thought of building an AR from the ground up as a winter project, but I just don't like the gun :lol:

I'm in the process of getting a form signed at my gun club so I can pick up a CMP M1 Garand. That's about my speed price wise :mrgreen:

Sn3aKyGuY said:
I have been shooting steel for a while now. The key is the harder the better so the surface of the target stays flat and unpitted, hanging or mount them with a slight angle of about 5 degrees down. If you can have them free hanging it helps a lot too. The hard unpitted surface results in splatter of the bullet and never usually a ricochet but it sends shrapnel out at about 80 degrees from the surface. Shouldn’t ever shoot AP at steel especially hardened steel because the steel core can ricochet and it will eventually ruin the target and they are spendy. Look into AR500 ….AR400 would be minimum IMO. I have shot down to T-7 and it was ok for hand guns but rifles destroyed it. They are shooting at AR500 in the video, only AR500 reports back like that. The smaller and thicker a target the less of a report. If you do it right it’s quite safe and if you make the investment they last forever….FMJ, SP, HP only. Oh and 3 / 8 thick is good. Inside 100 yards I shoot all but 30-06 and 300 WM at them. 100 yards and further is good for most high power rifles up to 338WM. Bigger than that look into 1 / 2 inch minimum thickness. I have posts here on the subject.

what's the guy following him around holding?

Sn3aKyGuY wrote quote: That's pretty cool. Although I'd think one would be worried about ricochet hitting steel targets at that range. unquote

SinterFire, the originator of the metal composite projectile, has created a lead free frangible projectile. Made from a copper/tin composite the SinterFire Bullet does not contain lead. By design, its controlled frangibility causes it to break apart upon contact with an item harder than itself.

Major ammunition manufacturers like Winchester, Federal, ATK/CCI-Speer, and many others all feature frangible lines of ammunition utilizing the SinterFire Bullet.

Most agencies that use steel targets in confined spaces such as shoot houses use this ammo to reduce the back splash.

http://sinterfire.com/Index.html

Back