• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Winchester is ticking me off

After about 3 weeks of chasing my tail, I received a letter that thanked me for being a customer and they said they were testing the ammo and sent coupons for replacement Winchester ammunition products.

The next question is, will my local place accept the coupons and allow me to use them?

You will have to check with your local place about that. It's usually their discretion if they take coupons or not.

I'm going to try to swing by there tomorrow and ask.

And hopefully they'll let me cash them in and I really hope they have something besides low brass that I can trade them in for. If not, I'll be in the same boat as I was to start with.

Wish I could've just got a stinking refund like I asked for since day one

Local gun shop didn't want to accept the voucher/coupon/certificates/whatever you call it, so I went to Walmart, and they said they'd like to help me, but the assistant manager had never seen one (manager was not there), and she couldn't decide how to ring up the purchase, and ultimately decided against accepting them to and said to bring them back some other day when the manager was there and maybe he'd take them.

:|

So I get back home after driving all over town and call Winchester AGAIN and ask for a supervisor (of course was not available until next week) so I explain to the CSR that no one wants to accept the coupons and he told me to just fill out my name and address and other contact information where the retailer information is supposed to go and mail them all to the address on the back and he said they'd write me a check for it.

:!: :?: :!:

So, I'm still chasing my tail trying to get this resolved.

I call and tell them I want a refund, ship the shells back to them, they give me coupons that I can't use anywhere and then they tell me to just mail them back and they'd give me a refund.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ????

I have been more than fair and accomodating with them up to this point but this is just ridiculous.

I don't understand why they didn't do that in the FIRST place. My God man...that's just flipping dumb. I have no idea why they wouldn't just do that first. Like you asked.....sheesh

I did ask for a refund initially and I surely didn't want them replaced with the same kind of shell. Those universals were junk.

I would've been OK cashing in the coupon/voucher things for some other shells, but then I couldn't because no one wanted to take them (or didn't want to give me a bunch of boxes of bullets and then wait who knows how long to get paid back for them while hoping the coupons didn't get lost in the mail or whatever), and now I'm back to square one.

The coupons are in the mailbox with my name and information to be made payable as I was instructed in lieu of a redeeming retailer information as I type this, but I'm almost willing to start accepting bets that this is not going to end too well either.

WinchesterAmmunitionCertificateback.jpg

Y'know Oli, they say there are 2 kinds of friends.

Those that you call when you have a flat tire

And those that you call to help bury someone.

Thanks for being a real friend. :cool:

And thanks for lightening the atmosphere. :lol:

It's been a couple of weeks since I mailed the coupons and I grew tired of waiting around wondering what was going on and called them and asked about it today.

Big surprise, but she said it was being processed. No further information was available as to when to expect the refund.

This has been like pulling hens' teeth.

Well it sounds like there might be some light at the end of the tunnel. Dealing with major companies can be so frustrating at times.

I checked the mail today and low and behold, there was a check in it from Repco Logistics c/o Winchester for the refund, even though they did NOT pay the .75 cents for return postage like the coupons stated on the back of them. As much trouble as I have had this far, I'm just going to suck it up and drop the reimbursement for postage.

I didn't have much of another choice. Those shells were not good at all.

I guess now it's time to start shopping for alternatives.

And because of 41 bucks and change Winchester has not only lost a customer for life, there's a lot of us after reading this will think twice about buying Winchester products. I'll never understand why some companies don't put more effort in their customer service. The damage in monatary value of one negative expirence is huge. I'll bet there were times you wanted to crawl through the phone lines and wring a neck or two. Truly amazing.

Glad you finally got your refund.

I've been using Winchester turkey loads for years and stull use their WWB 9mm loads when I find a good price on them (I can usually find federal a $1 or so cheaper per box). I have not experience any issues yet with either of these products.

I'm at the end of my box of turkey loads this year so I will be auditioning again for the next season. LOL

Winchester makes some good ammo, but their low end is just too damn low…can’t really even reload universals. When I am scrounging hulls I don’t even have to look at them, I can tell a universal hull just by the feel of poor quality.....try a box of Gun Clubs for some low end target shells, they rock and can be reloaded with 00 buck and slugs

Back