• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Winchester PDX1 for 20 gauge?

Tom396

.30-06
I'm really sold on the PDX1 buck and ball style shells for 12 gauge. Now what about some for 20 gauge? Maybe a 3/4 oz. slug and three #3 buckshot pellets? I keep reading (on the net) many folks recommending 20 gauge for home defense, but I see very little dedicated home defense rounds in 20 gauge.

My point is, I suspect there would be demand for such a product, if it were available. Wonder how one would go about putting a bug in Winchester's ear? Take care. Tom Worthington.

I'm not certain why a 20 ga. would be particularly lauded for HD over anything else...

Among the biggest reasons I havent purchased a 20 ga. is that there isnt as much available either in the way of aftermarket support or in ammo choices.

As in the other post about 20 ga. 00, if one were to use one for HD I would think #1 or as NiteSite said, #3 buck. There is little consumer demand for 20 ga. aftermarket, especially as an HD firearm, so I dont expect to see PDX available for 20's anytime soon. I suppose it could happen...

I am very happy with the DUPO20 ,( made by Dupleks) Expanding Shotgun ammo ; it has steel "petals" that shear off on impact . It's a polymer encased 20 ga steel slug that can be shot out of smooth as well as rifled barrels , all the way up to fully choked guns . Ballistic tests proved this shell to be devastating to body cavities .

Well, Midway's having a clearance (?) sale on the 20 gauge PDX1 rounds, so I ordered 30 of them. Take care. Tom Worthington

Back