• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wolves Rule....

cool Rip, I have seen a program on that and one would never think wolves create meadows, and directly responsible for balance in antelope population

My boys have brought a balance to my life, go ahead grab that bone lol

Can’t help posting pictures , love them like my children
Got em at 4 weeks

3 months

1 year old….my poor wife when they went through the challenge the alpha stage.
You can see the size they have, my wife Kim is 6 feet tall

[URL='http://s45.photobucket.com/user/oli700/media/Untitled.jpg.html'][/URL]

[URL='http://s45.photobucket.com/user/oli700/media/dogs/IMG_1049_zpse3bc200f.jpg.html']They went from not knowing there was a top to the dining room table to resting their heads up on it practically overnight.
[/URL]

Last edited:
I did something wrong on my photobucket and lost most of my pictures off of there

aren't they the best dogs ever ?...they have a mind of their own and are real thinkers, super intelligent but thick headed and independent at the same time

Absolutely.

I was still pretty young when I was training mine, so it took me a while to realize he was training me. Sucks you lost your pics. I only have one or two old polaroid pics of my boy...

they are 10% Siberian Husky, 10% Norwegian Elkhound and 80% Timber/Grey Wolf

That is an amazing mix. Gotta have a friggin' TON of patience with dogs like that. I bet they are incredibly smart. If somebody else would house break one for me I would kill to have a dog like that!

Do they shed much? I bet during that "alpha" stage they pissed everywhere, on everything. That's just part of it, ain't it?

Last edited:
Oh man Nite, they piss everywhere. All they care about is territory and marking it. As far as the challenging, I had to get them fixed......they realized I was the boss and they started wanting to go start a pack of their own, so all they cared about was breaching the perimeter. After they got fixed that stopped but the pissing and territorial behavior continues on.
Shed? dude you can brush them all day everyday and we still have to vacuum everyday, and all my buds leave here looking like they have a fur coat on.
I walk them everyday between 3 to 4 miles and when they see other dogs they start prancing around doing burn outs challenging them....they haven't had any takers so far thankfully because they are one hell of a team

thanks Mike and Mossy !, I would die and or kill for them, they would do the same for me

Found the old pics of my boy. He was 3/4 wolf - 1/4 malamute and 100% handsome fella...

oli's not exaggerating on the shedding, it was nuts! These pics were taken during a Texas summer so his coat was pretty thin. When he started shedding after fall/winter we coulda filled a queen mattress with all the fur. He did piss on everything including other dogs, especially other dogs. We found that by keeping other smaller dogs in the fence with him he wouldn't roam so we always had a couple mutts in with him. Guess he was more content with his "pack"...

You guys (oli & les) are lucky. I would love to see a wolf let alone touch one.

And thanks Mike , for posting that up for me,them, us...:)

They are very physical.

Every time I walked through the gate he would stand straight up, put his front paws on my shoulders, and look me right in the eyes. It'd always end up in a wrestling match....

Back