• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

wooden magazine plug ??

i was cleaning a mossberg shotgun and removed the wooden plug. it has a small plastic or rubber tip on one end, does this tip go toward the front or toward the back when reinstalling? thanks.

No need to re-install the magazine dowel...unless of course you don't want to fully load your new shotgun.

{ You can keep it and perhaps use it...if you live in a state that only allows 3 rounds for hunting }

BTW: Which Mossberg do you own and do you expect to hunt with it...!?

No need to re-install the magazine dowel...unless of course you don't want to fully load your new shotgun.

{ You can keep it and perhaps use it...if you live in a state that only allows 3 rounds for hunting }

BTW: Which Mossberg do you own and do you expect to hunt with it...!?

i have the maverick 88, i can take the plug out for use in home defense or deer hunting but it has to be in for small game and turkey or coyotes. i just didn't notice how it came out, thanks.

Honestly it does not really matter which way it goes in.
I use a chopstick for hunting with my 500's.
In a pinch, a small tree branch will get you through a game warden inspection.

I use a chopstick for hunting with my 500's.
In a pinch, a small tree branch will get you through a game warden inspection.
On more than one occasion I have used sticks or cattail stems as a plug when I got to the field and realized I had forgotten it.

Never had a CO look to see what was in there, just verify capacity.

I use a chopstick for hunting with my 500's. In a pinch, a small tree branch will get you through a game warden inspection.

Member wanted an definitive answer...so I picked one. :rolleyes:

Back