• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Workin for a livin....

I appreciate it fellas!

Man, after working all day in down town cincinnati, I cant wait to get back to my little town! The city scenery to me is soooo depressing! No trees no grass, no corn, no tabacco, no soy, no cattle horses pigs goats llamas deer coyote fox woopeckers hawks falcon and even vultures.

Just buildings. Just like what you see in the background.

I work in sunny Saudi Arabia as a Blackhawk mechanic. I am the fat guy 2nd on the left.
Abhashowup.png

I am on the left in the back.
Abhashowup2.png

I am away from my family, but it pays the bills and buys my guns!

^^^^ nice. I worked on making the pilot's office down in Stratford, CT at Sikorsky Aircraft. It was huge! I love checking em out on my lunch break. Those choppers are awesome!! They would be testing them all day so it gave us a nice breeze sometimes up in the building.

3Yfosl.jpg

This is when I was on lunch. We were not allowed to take photographs when we were there working...but...This picture just mysteriously ended up on my phone.... ;)

tcecil88 said:
I work in sunny Saudi Arabia as a Blackhawk mechanic. I am the fat guy 2nd on the left.

Nice, I was introducd to the UH-60 in 1985 when my first duty station was the 114th CSAC in the Panama Canal Zone. The blackhawk is still a favorite of mine. I became a A&P tech because of that units experience once I left the Army. Strangely I never used my certificate and became a engineer, now I make electrons.

Ripjack, I have a few of those pics that leave you scratching your head too.
Megewatt, electrons make the world go around. I worked on helis for the Army and Navy for 20 years before I got my A&P.
When I am done contracting I am going to try to get on with the FAA. Keeps my Federal service going for retirement

Here's a few pix of things I have been working on lately...

Office chair. I redid it in digital camo for the kid. He loves it. It only took an hour to take apart the chair, pull off the old material and foam, then cut the new fabric, and spray it with spray 77 and put it all back together. It looks so good, I might even do my chair with some realtree camo...
uPVYnl.jpg

At my brother's house, I built a 14'x22' deck off the back side. It only took about a week, and we did it after we got home from work, which was usually around 5:30 or so, and worked until dark....
2MKkpl.jpg

EHpA8l.jpg

50C58l.jpg

^^^ That's him on the left.

bfbbml.jpg

^^ all finished. He bought solar lights for the posts in the corners, at night it lights it all up nicely.

6eJCfl.jpg

^^^ cleaned and painted the floor in front of my work bench and used media grit for an anti slip coating. It's the plastic material used for sand blasting. I spread it out by hand kinda like scattering seed around then roll it again to embed the grit into the paint. Came out pretty good. Let's see how long it'll last.

Ed9lel.jpg

^^^ This is my table top from my kitchen island unit. I sanded off the old crappy factory cheap clearcoat, routed a new edge, and put 5 coats of poly on it. In between coats I used 0000 steel wool to smooth it all out and take the gloss off.

B6UZYl.jpg

^^ New edge..

Z1TGql.jpg

^^ I added a drop down leaf to it for more room. That's the piece hanging down in front..

cDrHMl.jpg

^^^ The supports for the drop down leaf.

cnxGLl.jpg

^^^ All done and outstretched.

The wife is very happy now.....

You all do some awesome stuff!

A couple of you guys are doin stuff I have zero apptitude for, like with the electrons and offices full of computers... Amazing amazing work!

RipJack, really nice work! I dont know why wood working is beyond me, but I can never make things fit right... Looks great!

Sure...I'm not working at the moment.... :geek:

Funny story real quick... My husband and I have been wanting to add a deck in our back yard... He's kinda ADD and just finds reasons to run out to rent big tools from lowes. So he got the spur of the moment idea to build a deck one day, no plan, no discussion, just "yea, let's build a deck! I'm running to lowes to get the <insert tool name here>". So he gets back, goes to dig the first hole with this power tool ..... And busts through our underground sprinkler line. Nice. So instead he fixed the pipe and I was left with a huge muddy hole. I still have no deck. Lol.

Ah yes... I've done similar things Michelle! Never broke a line though!

BTW, That is an amazing thing taking care of 4 kids! Everything you mentioned, were the things I most looked forward to being done with! ESPECIALLY loading into a vehicle to go some where! Packing bags and clothes and of course diapers... We only had 2 at the time, then later 1 with Lauren, but the bigger kids helped at that point.

One day, it will be much easier. And you'll be bored.

Welcome to my world...

I travel a bit for work, but when I'm not on the road this is where I spend my days. I'm a corporate buyer for a powerhouse retail firm with stores in just about every mall in the U.S. I'll refrain from mentioning which company due to the overwhelming number of gun shy lefties I work with. My job includes working with all the major sneaker companies to pick and choose which of their products will make it into our stores each season. Essentially, I shop for sneakers all day. Ony trouble is, I buy thousands of pairs at a time and they'd better sell or they'll find some other shmuck to sit in my chair. I buy with about a six month lead time, so I basically have to predict what the kids that come in our stores will want six months from now. I describe it as playing darts blindfolded and the dart board is moving. It's better odds than Vegas, but still a bit of a gamble with every buy I make. Picking the shoes is the easy part. The next six months of working with brand marketing to make kids want the shoes is where it gets tricky. From ad placement in magazines, to TV commercials we have to make these kids feel like their lives won't be complete until they have my shoes before their friends get a pair. My team and I also are in close contact with all of our store managers and staff to make sure they have what they need to keep the registers ringing. We head out on the road a lot to meet with vendors and to hit our retail stores in different regions. We talk to kids in the malls to find out what they're into and to help validate that we're on the right path. No two days are ever alike and every day presents a new challenge. Not a bad way to make a living for a dumb kid that likes sneakers...

Back