• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Workin for a livin....

I would like a pair of glow in the dark sneakers for christmas please. k.thanks.bye. ;)

Dang... so organized!

Thats sounds like a sweet gig man! Stressful, but sweet! You have to sweat it out for 6 mos., I just have to wait a day or two till the xray crew shows up to check my welds... Though there are a few buildings I put together early in my career I still say a prayer for at the beginning of the day. Please no roof collapses...please? :lol:

Ok, ok, but I see the computer in the background, you playin all the new stuff on there while youre "working"? :D

Just kiddin! It really does sound cool! I'm definitely not in touch with current fashion!

Yeah, organization is key for me. I've got weekly trend reports like the ones up in the shelves there dating back to 2004. Everything's properly labeled and color coded. Everything runs in cycles in my world, so knowing what happened with a brand three years ago is often more valuable that what's going on right now. The six month lead time does get exhausting, but I'm buying for a new season every couple months. There's not much time to think about it in the meantime.

It definitely keeps me on my toes though...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
It definitely keeps me on my toes though...

HA! :lol: Youre in the business of buying and selling some of the most popular shoes on the planet and you said "keeps me on my toes..."

I find the obvious pun in there to be hilarious!!! :D

Hey, if the shoe fits! :lol:

Seriously though, I always try to put my best foot forward. The rest, I take one step at a time...

I work as a designer in the petro\cemical industry. One of the bigest jobs that I have worked on is the Kearl Oil Sands project in Canada for Imperial Oil\Exxon Mobile. I belive Exxon just started airing commercials for this project on tv. The Kearl plant is a brand new plant that my company helped designed. They dig up sand that is saturated with oil and seperate it.
I am now on revamp projects for one of the local Valero refinarys. Right now I am enlarging a pump station. One of the pumps in the station is over 700hp. I cant go into more details or post up a lot of pictures but here is a picture of my desk (yes thats a 24" monitor) and some of the pumpstation that I am enlarging.
1322057075.jpg

These two are before we dug up the grade for the new station.
100_0943.jpg

100_0952.jpg

After we dug it up and torn down the old tank but it rained the next two days.
100_3973.jpg

Dang dude! Oil refinery has way picked up in Canada in the last couple years... Thats amazing work!

nitesite said:
Rossignol said:
NiteSite, Look at ya! On MO no less! :D

That was a drivers seat look. Here's whatchu see from the guest seats......

Nitesite,
I spent my time in uniform on an M1 Abrams and later (when my oldest was a baby) as a volunteer fire fighter making runs almost every night (and two or three many nights).

I know how serving and being the last line of defense gets in your blood but I also know how thankless it feels to kiss a loved one bye and shlep your gear out the door not really certain you'll be back - especially in areas where first responders are thought of just as target practice.

So in the spirit of thanksgiving let me just tell you how much I appreciate what you do. Thank you for being there and thanks for being just a regular guy trying to make a difference. I'm familiar with your neck of the woods and while it's beautiful and a wonderful place to live and bring up kids there are plenty of zombies down your way and the humans need guys like you to watch their backs.

Thanks!

I'm honored and humbled to read your kind words, Sir. It's a priveledge I don"t take lightly, and having served in both military (Regular Army) and police work I can say it's been mostly enjoyable. Thank you as well, Jeff, for always running toward danger while others are fleeing it.

And honestly, everyone, I think this entire membership is full of intriguing men and women with fascinating careers none of which I could ever have either the talent or perserverance to do.

Happy Thanksgiving to us All, and thank you for allowing me to be a part of this group of friends!

...and a most happy and blessed Thanksgiving to you fellas as well from another member who greatly appreciates your service.

Here's some pix of my living room. The wife was tired of the old wallpaper, so we stripped it off and had the bright idea of doing a sponge paint I saw used when I was in Hollywood on a set. (the Sponge camo topic by jco69 reminded me to show it off here)

7UN5Nl.jpg

shmR7l.jpg

ekvVll.jpg

^^^that's a corner of the wall to show the 2 different color patterns I used.

nitesite said:
ripjack13 said:
Today I started making a box for my dog's ashes. Its made of Bocote and Birdseye maple with Gaboon Ebony corner accents. The ends are going to be dovetailed. Not sure yet how I'm going to attach the top & bottom. I'll post up pix later.

ripjack13~

I grieve for your loss of a beloved dog. Building a beautiful wooden urn is a remarkable way to remember your dog. I'll try to remember that when my three go someday.

This thread has me in awe that so many of the members on MossbergOwners have very remarkable lives and careers. Kodiak and rip and oli and mega really earn all the respect. You guys ROCK!!!!!

YOU ROCK!! for keeping the "sheep" and us mossberg owners safe from the BG's........

thanx for the compliment. i appreciate it.

And everyone else great job on the pix of cool jobs!!!

Is this the thread in which we're showing what we look like as well as what we do?

I rarely show my face via the interwebz but I trust all of you and I figure it's time to let you see me.

This it, or is there another thread?

I know there's another topic somewhere. Rossignol started it. I am not sure of the exact name of it. But more orless along the lines of ...mossberg owners post pictures of yourselves.....

Back