• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Workin for a livin....

Took a couple vid clips today, though you all might enjoy them. Hope it rains before elk season….been busy !

Nice clips.....my jobs nowhere near as exciting as yours.

Fellas, been busy workin 6 days a wekk and no computer anyway.

Here's my current project, can't wait to be rid of this one...

Here standin on my tank lookin down on another in the shop.

Couple pics lookin at all the pipe stubbed out that had to be welded in place.

Here's my buddy who is also a SeaBee weldin an identical tank only larger in diameter. He's actually behind the tank on the far side in this pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20120929_081214.jpg
    IMG_20120929_081214.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 491
  • IMG_20120929_081201.jpg
    IMG_20120929_081201.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 491
  • IMG_20120929_081146.jpg
    IMG_20120929_081146.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 491
  • IMG_20120929_081102.jpg
    IMG_20120929_081102.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 491
Pulled these off of the CG Website...although I do have a few other pics I'll need could upload.
Here we are conducting a Foreign Vessel exam on log ship that pulled into port.
main.php

I'm on the far left, here were my thoughts: "Uhmm...why all this paperwork... what's for lunch?"

main.php

"Pretty sure planes were made to fly..."

Turns out they were on a check ride for maintenance that was performed the day earlier. Throttle cable broke and it went right over the runway in the water. No one was hurt, but they definitely got lucky!

:D I'm pretty lucky! It's not always this nice, but when the sun comes out...man. I've been all over Europe, the Alps.. Spain and Italy.... I still haven't found a place more beautiful than AK.

What is it you do?

Was rather curious as to what it is everyone did in their daily life. Aside from being professional forum posters of course!

Re: What is it you do?

I'm an Industrial maintenance electrician. I teach Japanese machines how we fix things in America. :)

I am a towing/recovery truck operator.....which is a really fancy way of saying I drive a towtruck for a living. I like it, never the same thing, same car or people on each call, always something new, scary, exciting and just flat weird every day I'm on shift.

Towmaster21 said:
Aside from being professional forum posters of course!

Currently with how slow work is... this is it :) haha about 75% of my days are sitting at home creepin' :lol: :lol:

I am a Norfolk Southern Railway Corp. Freight Conductor
My title on the railroad covers many jobs and I really do A LOT of stuff and some other days I don't do too much at all.

Grandfather used to be an Engineer for Milwaukee Road way back when, some of the pictures he left when he passed away in 04 were amazing as he was there when they were transitioning from steam to diesel electric. I remember a trip to the train museum in Union Illinois when I was in Junior High and in one of the buildings was one of the steam engines he was on. He looked at me and said "You know youre getting old when they put your work in museums"

hahaha My father used to work for Juniata Locomotive Repair Shop (Biggest in the entire nation) for their Railfest and the similar thing was said :p He used to work on a couple of the remaining Steam Engines that are now towed around and used as displays

I liked doing that stuff as a kid and I never would have guessed that I would be working the same railroad I visited then :)

I wear a clown suit and ride around in a pedal-powered car and wave at little kids to make them smile.

Back