• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Workplace hell [RFID implants]

Scoop

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Company to install microchips in employees
Welcome to the future?

A Wisconsin technology company is offering its employees microchip implants that can be used to scan into the building and purchase food at work. Whether or not to get a chip is up to the employee to decide.

Three Square Market, a company that provides technology for break-room or micro markets, has over 50 employees who plan to have the devices implanted, KSTP-TV reported. The tiny chip, which uses RFID technology or Radio-Frequency Identification, can be implanted between the thumb and forefinger "within seconds," according to a statement from the company.

"It's the next thing that's inevitably going to happen, and we want to be a part of it," Three Square Market Chief Executive Officer Todd Westby told the station.

The company, which is based in River Falls, Wisc., envisions the rice-sized micro chip allowing employees to easily pay for items, access the building and their computers all with a scan of their hand.

"We foresee the use of RFID technology to drive everything from making purchases in our office break room market, opening doors, use of copy machines, logging into our office computers, unlocking phones, sharing business cards, storing medical/health information, and used as payment at other RFID terminals," Westby said in a company statement. "Eventually, this technology will become standardized allowing you to use this as your passport, public transit, all purchasing opportunities, etc."

And while microchipping employees may sound like something out of a horror film, the company is partnering with Swedish company BioHax International, which already has many "chipped" employees.

Employees are not required to get the microchips, and Westby told the station there is no GPS tracking.

upload_2017-7-25_2-5-35.jpeg

Scoop will take a pass on that. Later I'll tell you of my past battles w/ the FAA on this front ['90s].

I can't imagine having that thing in me and not trying to dig it out all the time.

The potential convenience of such a device is undeniable, but on the other hand (no pun intended) when Society reaches the point where the system is responding just to that device, the system can cut you off from everything all at once.

No one will be able to forge papers. Instead they will have to hack that device.

Have you seen the size of the needles used to implant them..!!! :eek:

I work for a Contract Research Organisation and have been heavily involved with getting all our animals chipped and on a computerised system.

It works well, and I can see some of the advantages... but certainly wouldn't want one implanted in me.

We use ID cards with RFID chips in them for building access, and on some sites they're used for vending machines too.... but I'll stick with the card thanks..!!

Not happen in'...as bad (if not worse) than tracking systems in our vehicles.

At least they're allowing their employees to opt out.

And the answer for me is not just no, but absolutely no.

Read Revelations in the King James version for how it ends.

You can't buy or sell without the mark.

Not now, not ever.

I spent 8 hours driving today and this story ran on radio about 4 times. I also instantly thought mark of the beast. I was raised pretty strict life has changed my views and beliefs quite abit but Id still not be able to accept any such device. Nope not happening.

I'm resurrecting this thread because I heard on the radio today and advertisement touting the wonderful benefits of these things, in keeping track of your pets and family during a disaster.

Yeah.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who would like to keep track of people at all times.

Governments.

Businesses.

Employers.

You name it.

And all the more reason why I resist such junk.

Sometimes, I google search something completely out of character for me just to mess with their minds.

Not that I would have a use for size 38 g string panties and Marlboro light coupons.

This is a constant tactic of computer pranks, to search for really odd things on a friend's computer when he's not there.

And then when Google starts serving up ads for things like adult diapers and geriatric health aides, you can have a good laugh at their expense.

But don't expect to get by with this long, because anybody can figure it out

Back