• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wrong Mag

ohsix

.22LR
I bought a ATR/4x4 308 and got her home
Has a mag for a 22-250 with it got to call Mossy tomorrow. :lol:
Maybe Ill just send it back and get them to fix the loose stock to.

Oh damn, that's a bit of a problem.

Instead of calling them, we've got a contact that'll get you squared away in a hurry. Send Joe an e-mail and he'll get you taken care of...

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Good luck and keep us posted...

Hi Guy
I sent Joe an email about my two rifles one with the Wrong Mag
and about the countersink/hole in the front guard/stock hole being drilled too deep
I spoke with customer service before receiving your email
they will ship me a replacement mag and I bought another one as spear and there are Hard to find.

Thank You
Dan Babbit
M1 for Vets Gunsmith.

Joe is checking to see if I can replace the Plain wood stock with a Walnut stock from the 4X4
I want to update my 308 and a 30-06 Iam gone to Dicks tomorrow and buy a 270 wish I could locate
a 7mm-08

I'm just curious, why so many rifles that fill the same role? A 270, 308, 7mm-08, and 30-06 are all very similar calibers and cover much of the same 'area' of purpose. I have a .22, 30-06, 338, and 458 win. My next rifle will be either a .223 or .243 to fill that gap between .22 and '06.

If the front action screw hole is only slightly too deep, I'd just grind a smidge off the end of the screw so it doesn't bottom out before tightening down on the stock. I realize it's a new rifle and you shouldn't have to fix Mossberg's flub, but it's such a small thing with an easy fix. I personally wouldn't see it as a big deal at all. The other option would be to see if the local hardware store has a couple washers that will fit on the screw before putting it into the stock/action.

RichardPryor said:
I'm just curious, why so many rifles that fill the same role? A 270, 308, 7mm-08, and 30-06 are all very similar calibers and cover much of the same 'area' of purpose.

That's kind of like asking why there are so many roasts and flavors of coffee. ;) While they all achieve a similar end result, they each have characteristics that make then somewhat distinct.

Christmas is right around the bend. New Young Hunters need some shooting irons.Each Kid will get a Rifle and a shotgun Win Model 12 in 20ga or 16ga. have a few of them I restocked .
Mossbergs look Great under the Christmas Tree
I was thinking about just making some New stocks have some nice Carlo Walnut Blanks
Ill let them shoot a Deer or two and then redo the wood to better fit them.or buy some Walnut from Mossberg.
Have to do something about that plastic bedding in the 4x4/Thropy Hunter.

Why some many rifle that shoot about the same Too Many Grandkids that way they can fight orer which is the better Deer rifle. :lol:

I used some 6mm metric washers I think Din125 A6 didnt want to grind the screws.
Front screw is same for a 30-06/270 or a 243/308/wood stock blind mag or one with a clip.
I measured them today. right before I reloaded some 270 ammo.
Oh i Forgot the 22 rifles for Squirrel :oops:

Received the Correct mag with a housing to fit the stock :D

I spoke with Mr.Montalvo at about 9am he said waiting on production None in stock No date when finished.
Then FedEx shows up afternoon with A mag
Part # 15442 Mag with Housing. cal 308 Win could fit a 243 to
If the 308 shoots good Ill make a Carlo Walnut stock for it. :lol:
Iam gone to pitch the mag holder out the door and make a different setup.
wood on metal for the receiver and float the barrel
will post pictures early next year after hunting season.

I sighted in the 270 and 30-06 They shoot Great oh and the 243 .

I adjusted the mag spring on the 308 bent the spring so there is more pressure on the front.
bullet was hitting chamber ring only on the last or only round in the mag

Nice, glad to see they got it worked out for you.

Back