• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wz.96 Beryl in 5.56

fellmann

Esoteric
Supporter
I'm longing for a long gun.. I wish i had a AK.. in 5.56 :D

I have found the Polish Wz.96 Beryl.. Made in Radom, Poland.
The only military produced AK in 5.56.
Does anyone of you own one ? Opinions ?

Cheers

Fellmann, the other military AK in 5.56 is a Romanian SAR-3. Made by same company who makes the SAR-1 in 7.62.

Both, like most Romanian military rifles, are excellent. Most were built in late 90s and early 2000s. There is an upgraded SAR-3 hammer available which "hammer slap" is the only issue I know about.

The only "limiting" factor about the SAR-3 is availability of magazines. The rifle was originally designed around the East German Wieger 30 round magazine which has been out of production for several years but military surplus ones are occasionally available. Unfortuantly, the magazine price is not cheap. Few years ago they were around $20 (U.S.) but now running around $50 when you can find them.

The Romanians also make a 30 round magazine which works. Not sure regarding its current availability. I've also heard that there are Bulgarian Circle 10 5.56 magazines but never seen one. You may have betrer luck finding magazines in Europe than we have here.

If you can find one they are certainly worth buying.

Regards

Fellman,
Check out gun Jesus (Forgotten Weapons)on YouTube. He just did 3 videos on the Polish small arms development program that produced the Tantal and then the Beryl.
Yeah, i have seen them all :D It was this video that got me hooked

Fellmann, the other military AK in 5.56 is a Romanian SAR-3. Made by same company who makes the SAR-1 in 7.62.

Both, like most Romanian military rifles, are excellent. Most were built in late 90s and early 2000s. There is an upgraded SAR-3 hammer available which "hammer slap" is the only issue I know about.

The only "limiting" factor about the SAR-3 is availability of magazines. The rifle was originally designed around the East German Wieger 30 round magazine which has been out of production for several years but military surplus ones are occasionally available. Unfortuantly, the magazine price is not cheap. Few years ago they were around $20 (U.S.) but now running around $50 when you can find them.

The Romanians also make a 30 round magazine which works. Not sure regarding its current availability. I've also heard that there are Bulgarian Circle 10 5.56 magazines but never seen one. You may have betrer luck finding magazines in Europe than we have here.

If you can find one they are certainly worth buying.

Regards
Thanks for input. It seems like a low availability of both rifles and mags

First video i found :)

Latest Wz.96 Beryl version. One fully pimped, and one standard :D You can still get the folding metal tube stock.
Radom-Sport-prawa-1-2000x1333.jpg
223S-BERYL-M1-prawy-2000x1409.jpg

Last edited:
Back