• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Yet another hi point video

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
I dont own ive never even shot one of the pistols. I have shot the carbine my x bro in law has its pretty good. The video well to me its scary i would not run camera for sure i think he will shoot his friend one day. The pistol seems like it could fill niche fixed income who need defender i guess beats sharp stick or harsh language.

What friend is he going to shoot? The vast majority of Matt's videos are shot with the camera on a tripod and there is no one else around.

Looked to me like camera was traking his movement quite well to be static mounted. Especially when he was at table it followed gun from head high all way down to table. Hopefully im incorrect its happened before. Maybe hes holding camera himself ?

Demo Ranch is probably one of my favourite UTube channels.

Most of Matt's videos are either self-held, or on a tripod.

When that tracking happened, you will notice he's not in the shot. He's either hand holding the camera or using pan & tilt on the tripod.

People can say what they want about hi-point.

It's true. They're ugly.

Everyone knows they wussed out and only offer 10 round mags.

With that said, they impressed me with their customer service.

I'm sure all of you remember when Katrina hit Louisiana.

I have a friend who is a Deputy Sheriff in one of the parish there.

His house was half submerged for almost a week.

When he was able to get into his house, his safe had leaked at some point and a lot of the guns toward the bottom were under water.

Salt water, waste water, who knows what else.

Long story short, the hi-point was a rusty nasty mess.

One email to hi-point explaining what had happened, and he was told to send it to them.

2 weeks later, he gets it back. It was the same receiver (plastic) but every single metal part of the gun was replaced with a brand new part.

Springs, barrel, slide, magazine, the whole 9 yards.

Didn't charge him a single penny.

That earned my respect right there.

As for smith and Wesson, they were not near as helpful or accommodating (and that is putting it mildly).

Demolition Ranch is a great channel!

I still don't like HiPoint. I know people who carry them. But the problem is, I can't find anything bad to say about them. Except they're ugly but everyone already knows that like it's a universal truth.

I don't care much for their pistols but I respect the company a lot.

I come across them a LOT in my job and I'm glad that there is an affordable handgun for people on a tight budget.

Not so much glad that crooks have them in abundance. Cuz' a C9 will kill me just as dead as an expensive pistol.

That said, their carbines have often times lured me in to buying one "just because". They look like fun.

I don't care much for their pistols but I respect the company a lot.

I come across them a LOT in my job and I'm glad that there is an affordable handgun for people on a tight budget.

Not so much glad that crooks have them in abundance. Cuz' a C9 will kill me just as dead as an expensive pistol.

That said, their carbines have often times lured me in to buying one "just because". They look like fun.

Bought a 995TS carbine just for fun.
Been a great gun with no problems. Cheap and fun to shoot.

People can say what they want about hi-point.

It's true. They're ugly.

Everyone knows they wussed out and only offer 10 round mags.

With that said, they impressed me with their customer service.

I'm sure all of you remember when Katrina hit Louisiana.

I have a friend who is a Deputy Sheriff in one of the parish there.

His house was half submerged for almost a week.

When he was able to get into his house, his safe had leaked at some point and a lot of the guns toward the bottom were under water.

Salt water, waste water, who knows what else.

Long story short, the hi-point was a rusty nasty mess.

One email to hi-point explaining what had happened, and he was told to send it to them.

2 weeks later, he gets it back. It was the same receiver (plastic) but every single metal part of the gun was replaced with a brand new part.

Springs, barrel, slide, magazine, the whole 9 yards.

Didn't charge him a single penny.

That earned my respect right there.

As for smith and Wesson, they were not near as helpful or accommodating (and that is putting it mildly).
I read similar story of woman whos car caught fire her pistol was in glove box burned up. She sent remains to hi point they replaced for her no charge. Hard to ask for more than that.

I own a 4095TS (.40 cal) Hi Point carbine. I love it. However I have had issues, in the past, with the magazines not feeding every single round. I have no doubt I could beat the heck out of my Hi Point, and it would not change the way it operates. Problem is, I just don't trust those magazines enough to be a go-to home defense weapon. And I really wish it was, because it is a long gun my wife will actually practice with, due to the low recoil. And coming out of a 16 inch barrel, the .40 s&w projectile produces some extra punch. If I ever gained enough confidence in those magazines being rock solid dependable, it would move to the front of the wife's choices to defend the home front.

Of course, no matter how good the Hi Point works, my Maverick is my first choice for home defense. :D Take care. Tom Worthington

Well i said the dang word and it came. I said i never owned one. Not till today. Went to the gun show in dothan definetely buyers market if you shop around. I was actually looking at a nice custom knife at a booth lady friend i went with says hey i like this ! I turn around shes holding a dang hipoint carbine. I was nice and gave it due attention. Nicely gave it back to the man and said thank you. Shes jabbering and im just trying to move along. Guys says 200 bucs and il throw in a light! Uh oh couldnt walk away from that. My wallet is 2bills lighter. Il let yall know how it goes. Its a 995ts 9mm seems ok the toss in light is pretty sad but hey price was right i think ?
20170701_160428.jpg

I always liked the 9mm carbines.

I like the "beretta style" ATN furniture better though. And I'd thread the barrel for a can.

img0916ff3-21.jpg

I always liked the 9mm carbines.

I like the "beretta style" ATN furniture better though. And I'd thread the barrel for a can.

img0916ff3-21.jpg
I definetely agree that is a better look. Im not sure il put any money into this gun maybe a red dot the rear peep is awful small. Well see il shoot it some next week. I could see it ending up in camper.

I'd be proud to own a 995 Hi-point. My steel plate range doesn't care what hits the AR500.

Well i said the dang word and it came. I said i never owned one. Not till today. Went to the gun show in dothan definetely buyers market if you shop around. I was actually looking at a nice custom knife at a booth lady friend i went with says hey i like this ! I turn around shes holding a dang hipoint carbine. I was nice and gave it due attention. Nicely gave it back to the man and said thank you. Shes jabbering and im just trying to move along. Guys says 200 bucs and il throw in a light! Uh oh couldnt walk away from that. My wallet is 2bills lighter. Il let yall know how it goes. Its a 995ts 9mm seems ok the toss in light is pretty sad but hey price was right i think ?
View attachment 15498
For the price can't say no...... I'd have took it even without the light.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Back