• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

You just made the list!

Oh, well. Another day, another list. ;)

But it makes me wonder if Obama is on that list. Given his speeches and actions for the last 5 years, it seems to me he should be near the top of it. I mean how much more critical of our Form of Government (as defined by the Constitution) can you get than stating your goal is to "Fundamentally Transform" it? Pretty revolutionary statement if you ask me.

There is such an easy way to defeat lists like that. If everyone took just 1 minute of their day to post something negative would inundate the system, and not only that, would probably stop and get their attention to straighten up and fly right, but there are too many cowards to do that.

Sadly, I feel less inclined to believe all of that all of those "security measures" are meant to keep "us" safe.

in my mind most of the Americans on that list are the only true Patriots we have. Bureaucrats and Politicians are the Traitors and Terrorists.
Oops there I did it again.......... :lol:

Funny that the link is now "forbidden"! Would have been nice to see where my name was :)

"Service Unavailable

Server currently undergoing maintenance. Webmaster: please contact support."

Nice.....bunch of sore losers...

That's funny, the link worked fine for me. I always knew they kept this list. I think it is more important to them than a list with people like the Boston bombers.

I guess someday we'll all meet up the DHS Mossberg Owners re-education camp. We can help each other through posting withdrawal.

carbinemike said:
That's funny, the link worked fine for me. I always knew they kept this list. I think it is more important to them than a list with people like the Boston bombers.

I guess someday we'll all meet up the DHS Mossberg Owners re-education camp. We can help each other through posting withdrawal.

Worked for me also. I think only people who are on the list are allowed to access that link. Obviously our IP addresses are being filtered thru the NSA, before being connected. :lol: ;)

GunnyGene said:
carbinemike said:

Worked for me also. I think only people who are on the list are allowed to access that link. Obviously our IP addresses are being filtered thru the NSA, before being connected. :lol: ;)

Great...I made it on the list, then they removed me, now I'm back on it?

:lol:

aksavanaman said:
I'll take the list over obamacare any day of the week!

Speaking of; A story out of the LA Times about the Wealth Redistribution plan known as Obamacare.

Thousands of Californians are discovering what Obamacare will cost them — and many don't like what they see.

These middle-class consumers are staring at hefty increases on their insurance bills as the overhaul remakes the healthcare market. Their rates are rising in large part to help offset the higher costs of covering sicker, poorer people who have been shut out of the system for years.

Although recent criticism of the healthcare law has focused on website glitches and early enrollment snags, experts say sharp price increases for individual policies have the greatest potential to erode public support for President Obama's signature legislation.

"This is when the actual sticker shock comes into play for people," said Gerald Kominski, director of the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research. "There are winners and losers under the Affordable Care Act."

Fullerton resident Jennifer Harris thought she had a great deal, paying $98 a month for an individual plan through Health Net Inc. She got a rude surprise this month when the company said it would cancel her policy at the end of this year. Her current plan does not conform with the new federal rules, which require more generous levels of coverage.

Now Harris, a self-employed lawyer, must shop for replacement insurance. The cheapest plan she has found will cost her $238 a month. She and her husband don't qualify for federal premium subsidies because they earn too much money, about $80,000 a year combined.

"It doesn't seem right to make the middle class pay so much more in order to give health insurance to everybody else," said Harris, who is three months pregnant. "This increase is simply not affordable."

On balance, many Americans will benefit from the healthcare expansion. They are guaranteed coverage regardless of their medical history. And lower-income families will gain access to comprehensive coverage at little or no cost.

The federal government picks up much of the tab through an expansion of Medicaid and subsidies to people earning up to four times the federal poverty level. That's up to $46,000 for an individual or $94,000 for a family of four.

But middle-income consumers face an estimated 30% rate increase, on average, in California due to several factors tied to the healthcare law

More: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-h ... z2iyHZEjzf

Note the part about subsidies. The Feds will be picking the taxpayers pockets even more.

Maybe Snowden will publish the list for us...

I also find it hard to believe that there are only 8 million on it...over half the country is critical of the gubment...

Lighten up Francis! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been online since my only access was a texted based BBC. I have no doubts I'm on numerous lists. I'm also probably on a list because I have bought ammo, gunpowder, a gun, voted, pay taxes, own a cell phone, visited a Dr., have a CPL, have a hunting license, know people, have talked to people online, posted in the same thread with someone on another "list" , played COD, drink coffee, was born and any number of other things.

If people still think info they post online, email publically or privately, text, Tweet, FB, etc. is truly private regardless of their security settings you are fooling yourself. Someone/thing is always watching. All data is archived for just such purposes. (Just like deleting something from you computer does not actually delete it).

Attachments

• you%20made%20the%20list.png
    you%20made%20the%20list.png
    171.7 KB · Views: 203
MikeD said:
(Just like deleting something from you computer does not actually delete it).

No way! Next you're gonna tell us the Easter Bunny isn't real...jeesh... :lol:

OhioArcher said:
MikeD said:
(Just like deleting something from you computer does not actually delete it).

No way! Next you're gonna tell us the Easter Bunny isn't real...jeesh... :lol:

I'm amazed how many people don't know this....even in IT.

I killed the Easter bunny a few hunting seasons ago. He was tasty! :twisted:

OhioArcher said:

I'm not a big fan of Infowars as a reliable source. But you might want to take a look the 2013-2014 Key Strategic Issues List from the US Army War College. Specifically the section in Part II that addresses Northern Command:

Here's a teaser:
3) Security Paradox in Terms of Homeland Defense: General Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS), stated in May 2012 at the Joint Warfighting Conference: “Today's security paradox, though, doesn’t call for larger or a smaller military. Instead, it calls for a different military, one capable of deterring, denying, and defeating threats across the entire spectrum of conflict. What does this mean for the force? The joint force we have is in need of reset.” The Chairman went on to say, “We also know that in the future, our homeland will not be the sanctuary it has been.” What situations/conditions define the United States and its territories in a state of crisis, and what authorities are required to permit the DoD to perform its defense of the homeland task in a timely manner? (POC: Lieutenant Colonel [LTC] Kyle Marsh, HQ NORAD and USNORTHCOM N2C2, Kyle.Marsh@northcom.mil; 719-556-8890 DSN 834-8890)

4) Counter Transnational Organized Crime networks:How do we foster an all-in culture for integrating all the elements of national power in countering threat networks, and how do we develop the skilled cultural awareness for overcoming cultural barriers to collaboration, information sharing, and synchronized action? Does a whole-of-government effort to counter transnational organized crime networks and illicit activity require building virtual organizations as organizational networks? If so, how should such networked structures be built, led, employed, and designed? (POC: Dr. Rick Morris, Joint Task Force-NORTH, Rodier.Morris@jtfn.northcom.mil; 515-313-7736)

5) Common Operating Picture (COP) in the Homeland: Shared Situational Awareness is currently achieved through the use of multiple collaboration tools used by DoD and Interagency Partners. Many of these platforms are not compatible and cannot share information. In addition, a major limitation for NORAD and USNORTHCOM is that certain tools used by the DoD do not allow non-DoD personnel access. At present, each State/Territory/Agency uses different collaboration tools (i.e., Web EOC, SAGE, Google Earth, CPOF, DCO, etc.). Most of these tools are not compatible and make it very difficult to share information. Information sharing is critical to operational success during a DSCA event. Classification of information during a DSCA event is important, and NORTHCOM requires certain collaboration be classified Secret. However, when information is classified U.S. Secret, it cannot be shared with interagency partners, traditional quadripartite allies, and noncleared personnel. COP is an ongoing and expensive issue, and, while federal agencies are trying tofind solutions to gaining a national common operating picture, states are less interested because their ability to “see” within their state is already relatively robust. Dissimilar systems, over-classification, access to organizational portals, and placing unclassified information on classified systems are major impediments to generating a common operating picture at a national level to inform decisions made by national leaders, to include DoD. The National Guard Bureau (NGB) reports they have good collaboration connectivity with the States and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), but stakeholders need to agree on the goal—what needs to be shared—and then work on looking at solutions. (POC: MAJ Richard Martin, HQ NORAD and USNORTHCOM J74, Richard.Martin@northcom.mil;719-556-7809, DSN 834-7809)

6) Timely DoD response to DSCA operations: The Mission Assignment (MA) process and the National Response Framework (NRF) are challenged in near-complex and complex catastrophes, as noted in Hurricane Sandy response operations. For purposes of lessons learned, there was an assumption formed that in this complex catastrophe scenario the NRF did not completely apply. If that were so, then some replacement parameters needed to be established. For example, if a Title 10 (T10) response is not driven by the MA process and Defense Coordinating Officer vetting, then some sort of anticipatory immediate response type construct needs to be established. While this rushing to the sound of the guns may be emotionally satisfying or even politically expedient, it is inefficient and may even interfere with rapid assistance as it as it potentially clogs up lines of communication and limited Base Support Intermediate (BSI) space in/near the JOA as forces push forward without being called forward. If Hurricane Sandy is seen as an archetype of a complex catastrophe, then a careful analysis of the effectiveness of the DoD response within the context of dual status commanders, lead federal agencies, and state response capabilities needs to be conducted. It should incorporate insights from the on-going DoD complex catastrophe effort. From this combined analysis, it may be possible to derive a “worst case” T10 response model that builds on the NRF at least to the point where all players understand the ground rules for response and have a common point of departure for action. (POC: MAJ Richard Martin, HQ NORAD and USNORTHCOM J74,Richard.Martin@norlhcom.mil; 719-556-7809 DSN 834-7809)

7) Emergency Management Assistance Compacts: The evolution and efficiency of states’ Emergency Management Assistance Compacts (EMACs) is moving forward rapidly. With the help of the National Emergency Management Association (NEMA) in Lexington, Kentucky, much more disaster response capability is becoming available faster than it has in the past. All 54 states and territories are now legal partners. Notification-to-deployment timelines have been drastically reduced by computer­ aided resource identification, costing, etc. How should Title 10 forces’ planning be adjusted to keep pace with evolving state EMAC progress? What is the relationship between EMAC advances and the need for Title 10 DSCA responsiveness and capabilities? (POC: Mr. David Wilkins, HQ NORAD and USNORTHCOM J72, David.Wilkins.ctr@norlhcom.mil;719-474-8322, No DSN)

8) Arctic Maritime Surveillance: Investigate the optimal force layout (sensors, ships, and aircraft) to detect and track maritime contacts in the Alaskan Arctic Region. Recommend a maritime search and track sensor strategy for the Alaskan Arctic region. (POC: MAJ Francis Mindrup, HQ NORAD and USNORTHCOM J84, francis.mindrup@norlhcom.mil;719-554-0587; DSN 692-0587)

9) Electronic Warfare System Employment within Canada and the United States: Examine the complex web of agencies and organizations connected to the electromagnetic spectrum and how it impacts potential employment of electronic warfare (EW) systems in defense of the Homeland and Canada. Provide a viable concept of operations of employment of EW systems within Canada and the United States in support of Homeland Defense and aerospace sovereignty. (POC: Mr. John Wilson, HQ USNORTHCOM J39, john.wilson@northcom.mil; 719-554-1500; DSN 692-1500)

There's more at http://www.strategicstudiesinstitute.ar ... 2013/08/21

The KSIL identifies issues/problems, etc. that DOD and the National Command Structure has determined should be worked on. It's an early step in the planning process. The list comes out annually and some items are carried over from previous KSIL's.

PS: Part III contains links to similar topics created by the other services, which also have some tidbits buried in them that question the viability of Posse Comitatus (Navy) for example.

Back