• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Your kids don't belong to you

I never saw anyone in my old home town picking up the Grocery Bill, Paying the Electric or paying for my school lunches when I was a kid... Last time I check, I was my parents responsibility and when I did wrong they had to answer for it.... Thought that made me theirs... huh.

Furthermore, schools across the country are being questioned for teaching our kids about "The Constitution" that our Gov't wants us to have... Not the one we currently are fighting for! NRA-News has probably 15 stories this morning about schools teaching the wrong 2a or 1a... disgusting!

Interesting how everyone wants a say in how kids are raised, how money is spent, etc. but where are these same people to step up and take responsibility when one in the commumity screws up?

They want all of the control with none of the burden or responsibility.

MikeD said:

Isn't that their argument? If they HAD control, there wouldn't be burden or problems? :|
Because, you know... that makes ABSOLUTE SENSE!

Itsricmo said:
MikeD said:

Isn't that their argument? If they HAD control, there wouldn't be burden or problems? :|
Because, you know... that makes ABSOLUTE SENSE!

"They" also believe that there are no guns in gun free zones and that guam will flip over if too many people move to one side. ;)

Here is something, went to the bank today... Gun Free Zone. In walks an older gentlemen (60+) with a firearm IWB but shirt tucked in, so the gun was clearly visible.

Did anyone get shot? NO
Did the guy threaten to do harm? NO
Did it bother anyone, that this guy walked into a bank that was robbed 2 weeks ago, armed with a gun? NO...

12:00 Noon, Bank is packed.. people in and out. No one probably noticed but me and I only noticed simply because I like to see how many people open carry in my area. My little "Where's Waldo" search every day :lol: :lol:

But Guns are bad and kill people without warning.

Forget the 2A issue for a moment. Judging by some of the "leaders" and "role models" running around our communities now, I'll just go ahead and continue to treat my son as my responsibility and raise him with the values my father and mother imparted on me. I don't want or need anyone else raising my son and future children. That's for me and my wife to do. Even if we did a bad job, it would still be better than some of these freaks out there with their ways of thinking. If you disagree with them you are wrong. It's their way or no way. No thanks. I'm good on that crap.

I saw this last week and it still pisses me off. My kids belong to nobody but my wife and I. I had them expecting and accepting my responsibilities for them and their well being. I think one of the problems in this country is that many people don't have that attitude about their own children and then you have the do gooders that think they know better then everyone else what is good for them.

sounds like a grandparent.

They can shake the kid real good and hand them back to the parent just before they spew like a warm can of beer.

I tend to ignore people like this who just spout off without putting their brain in gear. They all have the same look on their face when they go off on crap like this. It's sort of a; "let me tell you how brilliant I am" look. :roll: And usually they'll ask some stupid question at the end of it that's supposed to elicit agreement from the unfortunate victim of their self-aggrandizing babble. To them, their logic is unassailable because they imagine themselves to be pure of heart.

My stock answer if I do get cornered into listening to one them is: "Thanks for the input. Gotta go now."

Back