• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Zimmerman, pre and post trial discussion

Will George Zimmerman be convicted or aquitted in the shooting of Treyvon Martin?

• Guilty as charged

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Guilty of charge

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
carbinemike said:
"Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago," President Obama said Friday in the White House press room.

Does this mean Obama beat on people to where they were legally permitted to defend themselves with deadly force or was he just referring to his pot smoking? His Friday speech was over the top in being divisive. No surprise there. As with others that didn't like the verdict, it also skipped the fact that Martin was beating on Zimmerman. I'm glad that so far it seems that his speech and the rallies have not led to violence. Rallies are great, looting is a crime. It is also disappointing that those that have condemned Zimmerman as a racist have not said a word about the attacks by those claiming they were doing it for Trayvon. Again, no surprise by that.

The Senate will be looking into stand your ground laws this fall even though it wasn't even a part of the Zimmerman defense. No word yet as to how that falls under the interstate commerce clause but I'm sure they will have that covered with some weird logic.

The mindset among certain elements is that the State reserves the right of defense to itself, and will not tolerate individual citizens exercising a right to defend themselves. Following that logic leads to one inescapable conclusion: The State must become totalitarian in order to fulfill that claimed obligation. When (not if ) we cross that Rubicon, a bloody revolution will ensue. The pattern has been the same for thousands of years.

Lets say I was a 17 year old (white) kid... walking around at night being intimidating... and I assaulted a black guy who happened to be the neighborhood watch, who in turn shot me in defense... would the president be speaking to my family? Would the media give that any attention? Would we be asking the jury on CNN whether race and social prejudice had anything to do with my shooting?

No... I'd be willing to bet that the margin on racial divide in this country is smaller than we think. It's not like we've got plantation owners whipping slaves on the cotton fields (sorry if that's a bit blunt) ... It's 2013 and in my opinion, everyone has the same opportunities afforded to them given they are equally qualified.

This whole ordeal is just another scheme to divide and control the American populous... and who knows how long it will take for half of America to be laying dead (figuratively speaking) on their lawns with the liberal cool-aid cup clenched in their fists. The fight continuous...

The "conversation" is moving towards black on black crime. Which all kinds of people are starting to yak about and asking what to do about it. Lot's of speeches, little action.

Seems to me the solution is to remove the bad apples from the barrel. Permanently - either thru incarceration or incineration. Weld up the revolving door in the courts and prison system.

I've been saying that for years gunny.

But I'm not holding my breath that it will ever happen, although most everyone knows it is true, just no one wants to say it out loud in fear of hurting someones' feelings or offending someone.

Political correctness is what got us here in the first place.

Nobody wanted to be incarcerated in the 20's or 30's because it was almost always hard labor, and nobody ever wanted to go back when they were released.

Not true now.

So what happened between the 30's and now to have changed all that?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbpzwFGJFqY[/youtube]

Too bad we can't ship off the gansta punks to where the wars are. Then they'll find out how tough they are when they face the enemy.

They'll be screaming MAMA !! :lol:

Anyone see this yet?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerm ... d=19735432

Apparently GZ stopped at the scene of an accident and helped rescue a family of four from an overturned Ford Explorer. What d'ya wanna bet it was a racially motivated rescue. They're going to try to prove that he profiled that vehicle as having a high center of gravity and followed it, just waiting for it to tip over so he could rescue the occupants...

Wrenches said:
Too bad we can't ship off the gansta punks to where the wars are. Then they'll find out how tough they are when they face the enemy.

They'll be screaming MAMA !! :lol:

Actually that's not the issue. At least in my experience. The issue is one of team work and discipline, regardless of race, religion or any other divisive civilian issue. My DI's in boot camp on the very first day made it very plain that we as future Marines were not black, white, brown, yellow, or red. We were all green and those that couldn't, or wouldn't, accept that were quickly weeded out. That said, there were a few who slipped thru for a time, and either changed or left the Corps in various ways. A unit leader cannot allow this kind of disruption and still remain combat effective.

Perhaps Patton said it best:

"There is only one type of discipline, perfect discipline."

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap."

Anyone calling and making threats should be charged. I know there are not enough man hours to do so but come on.

The media is fueling this. The media makes and breaks people at will with no guilt, sympathy apologies or legal repercussions. They don't care who they destroy or if there is any collateral damage as long as it brings in the ratings and money. We see guilty people raised to sainthood and innocent people burned to the ground every day at the whim of the MSM. If individuals do this we're called vigilante's and prosecuted, but the media has turned it into a profit business and gets a free pass.

You know what really disgusted me? Trayvon's parents. What I learned about them turned my stomach. After that night TM went missing for two days because no one knows who he is. Did his dad call to see if he's ok? Trayvon has his phone with him and no record of any calls from dad.

I think Trayvon could've been a good kid if his parents bothered with him and I think they just shuffled him around, no supervision. Since TM likes to fight he could've entered a MMA association and train for the events.

Now here's what turned my stomach, his parents tried to trademark his name and profit from it. They got a lawyer to hide the sordid stuff about Trayvon like his school records and such.

Wow, great parents aren't they? :roll:

With him being a minor, his parents are legally in control of such things.

Also, being a minor, any negative (legal) information would've been kept private due to laws that protect minors.

Surely the courts could've had access to all of that, but it wouldn't have been allowed to have been made public to my limited knowledge of such things.

Caught and revealed...left wing plant at a pro Zimmerman rally:

523x541xracist-proud-plant.jpg.pagespeed.ic.WSQN4eNot9.jpg

One woman in the Zimmerman group held a sign that said, “We’re racist & proud.”

Austin resident Renee Vaughan echoed the sign’s ugly sentiments by yelling, “We’re racist. We’re proud. We’re better because we’re white,” at the Martin group as they passed, according to the Chronicle.

The act to smear the Zimmerman supporters as racists with a leftist plant worked as the photo and comment was picked up and spread worldwide.

Scanning the internet we found that a “Renee Vaughn” from Austin worked for a far left environmental group, the Texas Campaign for the Environment.

Colin Powell has come out and stated the verdict was "questionable". I have lost all respect for the man. While he was a great leader during the Gulf War, his backing of obamination and now this statement shows his ignorance.

Was he in the courtroom or jury deliberations? No, so he should just keep his mouth shut. The jury used the information at hand and found Zimmerman not guilty...it could have gone either way. Second guessing, especially in a public forum, is ignorant thing to do, especially for a man of his character.

Back