• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Zombie Hunting?

Looks interesting. I know there is a more 'serious' version of this offered. It's like a $600 entry and requires you to bring around a thousand or so rounds. Anything to get new shooters out and shooting safely though is a good thing I say. Even if it is zombie themed.

I've heard of these and they sound like a lot of fun. I've been wanting to try 3-gun or ACTS for a while and just haven't built up the courage to try. So far I've only done a local IDPA practice league.

That actually looks really cool! Wish there was one close to here, I'd be all over it!!!

Thanks for the post!

What's all about this zombie hunting story that i am seeing in many American sites and forums ??

There isn't anything similar in Europe . Does it have any relation with the resident evil movies and the funs of the specific films, or has nothing to do with that ?

alexander said:
What's all about this zombie hunting story that i am seeing in many American sites and forums ??

There isn't anything similar in Europe . Does it have any relation with the resident evil movies and the funs of the specific films, or has nothing to do with that ?

I guess it sort of spawned from that originally but has now become sort of a half serious/half joking way of referring to real life apocolyptic type scenario where the zombies are really not the walking dead (in a literal sense :lol: ) but unruly violent mobs of people.

alexander said:

Pay no attention to these heathens, zombies are not and never will be real and the subject is quite possibly the biggest embarrassment of the American shooting society. Spawned by a generation of me first video game players that now in their 20’s/ 30’s and have a credit card to buy all the zombie slaying equipment that there little shriveled out of shape heart desires.

For casual users, it makes for a fun subject and people like to shoot the targets…..whatever floats your boat I guess. I would rather waste my time debating real threats and problems

Some people use it as code for the mindless, droning mass population of the sheep loving inner city dwellers that don’t have a clue how to do anything unless they have another sheep directly in front of them to follow

Some people are dead serious and are prepped for the zombies arrival……..I call these people a waist of skin, I plan on collecting their ammo and food stores after they kill each other.

Not all Americans buy into this crap so don’t think that

alexander said:
There isn't anything similar in Europe
lucky you

For what ever reason, zombies have been huge in pop-culture! There have been a number of movies that have contributed to this phenomenon here I suppose.

Resident Evil has definitely contributed, but other movies as well such as, 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later, Zombieland, Dawn Of The Dead, etc... So many more than just those, not to mention early originals made years and years ago that have been remade since. There is also a very successful television series called, The Walking Dead which is based on a graphic novel (comic book but more like a real book with lots of pictures! :lol: ) The Walking Dead begins its third season next month and again, is hugely popular. Its more than just blood guts and gore, there has been a lot of character developement and story lines.

Why zombies more so than say vampires or werewolves? I dont know. I guess a zombie apocalypse represents a sort of anarchy and chaos that Americans have romanticized as it is some how a tangible form of maybe something more primal, something metaphysical we cant otherwise touch. Its something dark that is not the social norm but we want to express. No we dont want anarchy and chaos, but by formatting it into media, by suspension of disbelief, we can live a few moments at a time where the only thing that matters is basic survival and hunting. No bills no car payments no schedules no inspections no 9am to 5pm or 4am to 6pm no alarm clocks no facebook and no more structured routine. Just survive. Point, shoot, survive.

In a way its much simpler i suppose. Maybe its just a few minutes of mind numbing entertainment. Maybe its just zombie head shots. Its definitely alot about marketing!!!

I think as MikeD and Oli suggested, we apply it metaphorically too. Civil unrest or whatever.

I dont know for sure what it means to each of us, but its enough that many of us enjoy the zombie craze and its somethin else to talk about, its a fun topic! :D

No I dont believe in the possibility of a real zombie apocalypse, I believ in preperation, but of real posibilities.

Oli doesnt hunt zombies, he hunts bigfoot! And sparkly vampires ;)

I'm with Oli...if you're to busy getting deaded to use your stuff you have collected, I'll help you use them... :lol:

alexander said:

Zombies are not a new phenomena, historically they’ve been distracting and entertaining us for hundreds of years. Zombies have been around in our culture at least since Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein" was published, and they really took off after George Romero's classic nightmare in black-and-white "Night of the Living Dead". :eek: :shock:
An obsession with zombies is symptomatic of a society on the verge of collapse, that a culture worried about its imminent demise seeks to objectify their fears in some way. Zombies are how our society copes with it.
And zombies are also our fascination with death.
Zombie sci-fi has carved out its own genre of scaring us with movies and horror science fiction, much like the Vampires, werewolves and Frankenstein did for previous generations. Generation X has embraced the zombie. And recently the Vampire has had another uprising (get it?) with the books "Twilight" and "Interview with the Vampire" series.
Generation X feels left out, left behind. They miss their mortality. Their fascination with zombies, vampires and all things deathly is part of their search for that mortality…death possibly being the only thing left that they feel they have any control over.
It's sad really, when you think about the attacks on people that have been spawning lately fuel even more zombie fascination. Like the case of the naked man eating most of another man's face in Miami. Or the college student that saidhe killed a man, then ate his heart and part of his brain. And how about the guy in New Jersey, where he stabbed himself 50 times and then threw his own intestines at police.
It's nothing new, people do horrible things to each other on a daily basis. :evil:
Zombies look like us. But they aren't us. They aren't human anymore...They are some lesser form of us, slowly rotting and shuffling along, trying to live and feed and creating more of their kind, but with no emotion, no conscience, no humanity left in side them. Vampires have kind of a romantic appeal, but zombies are doomed, they can never become human again.

There's no going back.

Ok..I'm done rambling. :ugeek:
I'm sure you get it now.

nIAhhl.jpg

Yep, zombies are popular culture like werewolzes and vampires.

Zombie is also used now as another way of referring to rioting hoardes moving out of the cities and into the suburbs and beyond.

Not to mention the killer dance moves

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iRWOnoWFh4[/youtube]

A copy of Thriller should be in everyones Bug Out Bag just in case. :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah!!! "killer" ( :lol: ) dance moves!

What a fun discussion, no matter where you stand on the appeal of zombies.

Hilarious:

A copy of Thriller should be in everyones Bug Out Bag just in case.

I'm not into horror movies at all. The only zombie movie I liked was Return of the Living Dead in 1985 (I think). My (now) wife drug me to it and it had some really good music in it.

Here's one from a Simpson's Halloween episode. Homer has a pistol grip shotgun too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jspw0597t7Y

Bart: Dad, you shot the zombie Flanders
Homer: He was a zombie?

carbinemike said:
Hilarious:

A copy of Thriller should be in everyones Bug Out Bag just in case.

I'm not into horror movies at all. The only zombie movie I liked was Return of the Living Dead in 1985 (I think). My (now) wife drug me to it and it had some really good music in it.

Here's one from a Simpson's Halloween episode. Homer has a shotgun too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jspw0597t7Y

Check out Shaun of the Dead. It's a comedic take on the Dawn of the Dead and similar movies. I'm not real big on the zombie movies either but I liked that one.

OMG...+1 Mike....I thought that was Hilarious...

And all this time, I thought snipe hunting was hard.

Yeah , but Snipes actually exist......unlike zombies.

untitled-2.jpg

remember there is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people :twisted:

I got a stupid question....

If a spaceship lands in your backyard, how many pancakes does it take to cover the doghouse?

If a spaceship lands in your backyard, how many pancakes does it take to cover the doghouse?

96 pan cakes will cover an average size dog house.

I have spent a lot of time and flour developing this information in case anyone ever needed to know.

Back