• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Zombie Run?

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Has anyone done one of these Zombie Run/Run For Your Life, etc races?

I'm signed up for one this weekend. It seemed interesting, like a Warrior Dash with the additional obstacles of zombies trying to get you.

I had heard about one a couple years ago locally, but the Zombies were FAST and would chance you down, only one winner type thing, hadn't heard much since, maybe it didn't go well or something.
Seems there are quite a few runs like you posted without Zombies lately, dirty dash, pig run, tough mudder, etc.
Have fun! Be sure to let us know how it goes, I will stick with my non muddy running ;)

The "Run For You Lives" race series went bankrupt last year, that was one of the big ones. There are still a lot of local ones around.

I checked and there is a combination of fast and slow zombies. I'm not a sprinter so it's likely I on't make it through alive but it should be fun nonetheless. Maybe i can play blocker for someone else in a pinch. LOL

I'm also running the Warrior Dash the following weekend and am signed up for the Tough Mudder in Sept. I enjoy the mud runs, it takes my mind off of the fact that I'm running, and the dirt is much easier on my knees than running on pavement; I don't exactly have a runners physique. My only road race is a half marathon (10M running right into a 5K in Aug) That is my WTF was I thinking race of the year followed closely by the TM.

As I did with the Warrior Dash's last year, I'll wear my head cam and record as much as I can.

I hear you, I'm not your typical runner, still have a bit of a gut, like my beer :) I finished my third Ragnar last month, great event! We did a Ragnar Trail in April near Zion NP in Southern Utah, beautiful, but the elevation was brutal! Basically base camp and run your three loops, but all the trails were up from camp, lots of sucking wind for sure.

Here is a pic from 2am, you can see our camp near the top of the ridge line left of center.

693dc0f8b4c839195d3411ffe9863b2c.jpg

Then again at 7am when they called the race...

f2d6009556048ecaaf366b1f2f8176c6.jpg

4b256b9b32e5c2753e3d8cc468721013.jpg

That looks like fun, I've never heard of the Ragnar before. Looks like something I'd like to try someday.

If you can get in on a Ragnar team with people you know, it will make it much more enjoyable, it can get expensive though, we finished Wasatch Back Ragnar(200 mile relay) in 64th place out of 1100+ teams, we ran it in 30+ hours, not bad for a non competative team, the first place team ran it in 19+ hours!

I'm unsure where you are located, but have a look.

http://www.ragnarrelay.com or http://www.ragnartrail.com

I'm in MI. None too close to me, not sure if I would want to travel that far at this point.

I'm not fast but I'm persistent. LOL

I'm not fast either, but if you get a chance, give one a shot.
My first Ragnar, I traveled from SLC to Vegas, we might do it again so we can double up our metals and get a "saints and sinners" medal.

I can see where that might be enjoyable to watch. I'm not even sure I'd run away when the "real" ones are chasing me. Nowadays, I get tired just thinking about running. Take care. Tom Worthington

I finished the Zombie run on Sat. Sadly I did not make it through with all my flags, I was one of the infected. On the upside, once you are a goner, it makes the rest of the race a little easier. LOL

I made it about half way through before I finally lost it it a pair of zombie nurses. I guess if you have to go, I'll take the zombie nurses. LOL

The course was basically a zigzag maze through a wooded park with a lot of natural obstructions such as logs, water mud, etc. with a few man made obstacles thrown in. Balance ropes, tires, etc. It was harder then I expected as a lot of it was literally through the woods with little to no defines path. You constantly had to look out for sticks roots and other things that want to trip you up.

I was alone pretty much he entire race. I did catch and pass two people that were walking slow but I did not catch anyone else not did anyone else catch me. They let us go in waves of about 8 people to keep it spread out. In my wave there was one other guy who took off like a dart and a bachelorette party that moved slow and I never saw after the start.

I made it in about 54 minutes, not bad given the diverse terrain and obstacles.

I did video it but my camera was set up wrong and it don't come out to well. I'm not sure if I'm going to take the time to edit this one down. If anyone wants to see the full 5K I guess I can post it.

Overall it was fun and challenging. I'd do it again...and I might they are running it again in a couple weeks.

Great to hear you enjoyed yourself.
I would have asked if they were hot nurses, but they were zombies.
ZombieNurses.JPG

Hard to tell from the screen capture but I'm guessing they were pretty hot in when they were alive. LOL

Back