• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun Registration in Nazi Germ...I Mean CT

To enforce the un-Constitutional law in CT. Below gives an idea of what enforcement would be up against. Seems lie CT has strength in numbers on their side:
The Washington Times editorialized that the state legislators “must come to grips” with the fact that “laws are more than just symbolic gestures.
“If it’s really serious, the state will have to find space to imprison 300,000 residents for the next five years...
The commentary noted the nearly 17,000 inmates now cost $620 million annually, and that “full compliance” with the gun law “would exceed the entire state budget at $55 billion.”
“Respect for the law is essential for society, but this presupposes the laws themselves are worthy of respect.”

In the editorial below I find the following line to be very troubling. An anti gunner finally admitted the secondary reason for background checks. Maybe it's the primary reason after all:
"Authorities should use the background check database as a way to find assault weapon purchasers who might not have registered those guns in compliance with the new law,”

Pro enforcement letter from the Hartford Courant:
State Can't Let Gun Scofflaws Off Hook
EDITORIAL
Gun Registration: Break the law, pay the price

February 14, 2014|Editorial, The Hartford Courant
Connecticut has a gun problem.
It's estimated that perhaps scores of thousands of Connecticut residents failed to register their military-style assault weapons with state police by Dec. 31.
That's the deadline imposed by a tough bipartisan gun-safety law passed by the legislature last year in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.
Widespread noncompliance with this major element of a law that was seen as a speedy and hopefully effective response by Connecticut to mass shootings such as the one at Sandy Hook creates a headache for the state.
The dimensions of the unregistered guns problem were outlined in a Tuesday column by The Courant's
Dan Haar.
Guns defined in state law as assault weapons can no longer be bought or sold in Connecticut. Such guns already held can be legally possessed if registered. But owning an unregistered assault weapon is a Class D felony. Felonies cannot go unenforced.
First, however, the registration period should be reopened. It should be accompanied by a public information campaign.
Although willful noncompliance with the law is doubtless a major issue, it's possible that many gun owners are unaware of their obligation to register military-style assault weapons and would do so if given another chance.
But the bottom line is that the state must try to enforce the law. Authorities should use the background check database as a way to find assault weapon purchasers who might not have registered those guns in compliance with the new law.
A Class D felony calls for a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $5,000 fine. Even much lesser penalties or probation would mar a heretofore clean record and could adversely affect, say, the ability to have a pistol permit.
If you want to disobey the law, you should be prepared to face the consequences.

Officer Peterson will hopefully soon come off suspension / "extended workman's compensation leave" so he can be volunteered to take point.

"I give my left nut to bang down your door and come for your gun...you idiot grow up"

Just in case you haven't heard, the CT. LEO who made these statements on facebook is on workers comp now.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...to-bang-down-your-door-and-come-for-your-gun/

It bothers me that some LEO have such an animalistic and confrontation seeking mentality.

LEO are supposed to serve and protect. Not bust down doors and take property that was acquired lawfully from people.

Sounds like this LEO needs a profession change. If he wants to take peoples belongings so badly, perhaps he would do well to be a garbage man.

Just the thoughts of a simple man.

Sorry for the duplicate. I only heard about it this morning.

I think it is a sign of what a lot of police officers have become. Esp if you look at the bigger cities like Chicago. It's become very much a brutal police state. They treat you like the scum of the earth and intimidate the hell out of you for even the most mundane of traffic stops.

At some point the police stopped being an investigative, reactionary force and became a very proactive, military like force. While there is a time and place for this, I do not think it should be the norm.

If you for one second believe that most police officers or military personnel will NOT follow an unconstitutional order.... you are sadly forgetting history:

Kent State

Hurricane Katrina

LA Riots where the police vacated the city and let it burn

Kent You are right I retired from a City and worked very closely with the Police and Fire about 1998 the head shed wiped out just about all the good ones and that goes for every city and state They are a new breed . I have been trying to pass down some of my gun smithing skills to a Young Man in the U S A F He went to a 6 week class to deprogram him on Christianity in Co .... I asked him what He said about that to Them ?? His reply was shocking ...... He said I did not want to get in trouble saying anything !!!!! He is no longer a Friend of Mine There are lot's more just like him , Same with the police! social Workers with a Gun.. and not to protect You or Me .

LA Riots where the police vacated the city and let it burn

The Korean's were armed and fought back in L.A. They saved many of their stores and much of the neighborhood. It's as American as apple pie.

With the cops nowhere to be found, hundreds of people marauded through the streets towards Koreatown. The neighborhood suffered 45 percent of all the property damage and five fatalities of storeowners during the riots. Having had enough of waiting for police, Korean storeowners assembled into militias to protect themselves, their families, and businesses.
According to the Los Angeles Times, “From the rooftops of their supermarkets, a group of Koreans armed with shotguns and semi-automatic weapons peered onto the smoky streets…Koreans have turned their pastel-colored mini-malls into fortresses against looters tide.”
Rhee claimed that the storeowners shot off 500 rounds into the sky and ground in order to break up the masses of people. The only weapons able to clear that much ammo in a very short time are semi automatic assault weapons. Single shot pistols or rifles might not have been able to deter the crowd hell-bent on destroying the neighborhood.
By the end of the day storeowners had slain four looters and fended off the mob. It would be 24 more hours until the National Guard arrived and another two days before the riots were completely put down. Had the riots occurred just a couple of years later when the Congress banned assault weapons, many of these storeowners may not have been so lucky. It’s situations like the LA riots, which, while being rare, can occur anywhere from the streets of Los Angeles to far off countries during the Arab Spring.

Last edited:
I had seen the post going around but no one was confirming it.
Good find John.

Its good to know that he was already off the street before this happened.

The Korean's were armed and fought back in L.A. They saved many of their stores and much of the neighborhood. It's as American as apple pie.

No doubt. But the police followed orders to vacate. The morale of the story is... those positions follow orders. Very few deny unconstitutional orders. You have to be aware of this and the mindset of those in these positions. Human nature.

I, for one, firmly believe in the soldiers. Can't help you with the cops. It's a much different army than it was in 1970.

National Guard was disarming American Citizens in LA during the aftermath of Katrina. My belief in their oaths to the Constitution was shook and I doubt it will ever be repaired after that.

No doubt. But the police followed orders to vacate. quote]
I agree, my post was more or less why it's important to be able to defend yourself.

National Guard was disarming American Citizens in LA during the aftermath of Katrina. My belief in their oaths to the Constitution was shook and I doubt it will ever be repaired after that.
That was shameful. They even took orders from the local police who I believe were the initial ones pushing confiscation. To this day I don't think all the guns were returned and many prized, collectable guns went "missing"

Hey CT guys, Mossberg, Colt, Ruger and Marlin all produce guns in your state. Has a single one of them said or done anything to support the CT gun owners in this fight?

Our soon to be new law (HB 314) in MS prohibits confiscation of lawful possession of firearms, etc. for any reason or in any circumstances. Note that the wording is lawful possession, not lawfully owned. This is an important distinction, and means they cannot take a weapon that was given or loaned to you.

(2) (a) Nothing in this section or in any other statute shall be construed to confer upon the Governor or any official or employee of any department, agency or political subdivision of the state the power to:
(i) Confiscate or seize a firearm, ammunition, or components of firearms or ammunition from a person who is in lawful possession of such firearm, ammunition, or components of ammunition; or

(ii) Impose additional restrictions as to the lawful possession, transfer, sale, carrying, storage, display or use of firearms, ammunition, or components of firearms or ammunition.

That seems pretty good Gunny. Many states enacted similar laws after Katrina. Does declared Marshal Law have any effect on it?

I hope it helps. The one trouble with laws is that they are really only any good if people follow them. We have many laws that Obama and Holder have chosen to ignore. Following laws usually does happens in the good times. If the SHTF though all bets are off and potential dictators around the country will have the great idea to disarm the populace.

It would have to be Federal - Nationwide. That's where the "any other statute" enters into it. States rights, etc. Seems pretty bullet proof to me. But a hypothetical shtf scenario where total anarchy reigns, who knows? We'd all be on our own anyway, so I'd just make up my own laws. ;)

Back