• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Inner diameter of the 835 slug barrel

Blood_Trail

.270 WIN
Any ideal on what the inner diameter of the slug barrel is? I have a full bore slug mold I'm casting to reload slugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have the barrel now? You should mic it first. 12ga runs right around .728, but if it is your bbl then you can cast a few test slugs to find what size give you decent obturation.
I don't reload so I hope someone else steps up with some real knowledge.

I have a 500 barrel on my 835 I can measure, they should be the same. The 835 slug barrels are not overbored like the smooth bore barrels.

There's two areas you mike: the grooves and lands. I mic'd it but I'm no consistent enough for repeatability in my measurements. Called them and they're suppose to call back.

I have a 500 barrel on my 835 I can measure, they should be the same. The 835 slug barrels are not overbored like the smooth bore barrels.
How you get a 500 barrel to fit?

BTW, I accidentally flagged your message as inappropriate. My mistake. Lol.

I had to replace the magazine tube as well.

I cannot shoot 3.5" rounds with this configuration but it works anything the 500 would shoot.

835NewForend_001_zps378128f7.jpg

835_500_deer_001_zps33e67b89.jpg

835 barrel installed

I must say, that pretty sweet.

I think one of the biggest selling points yet something that is never advertised is the ability to mix parts between the 500/535/590/835 models of the sage gauge. Probably a liability thing but if you are careful it opens up huge range of customization.

Back