• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

US Springfield

biglever

.270 WIN
Want to see if I can upload a pic.?
20151111_100308.jpg20151111_100308.jpg 20151111_100438.jpg 20151111_100308.jpg 20151111_100438.jpg 20151111_100338.jpg

This is a 1898 US Springfield 30-40 Krag .that some wood Chuck had drilled and taped for a scope. So it won't be worth anything to a collector.
So I wanted to due something to keep it military looking , an I found this hydrographics pattern. That is a great tribute To all our us service men.
Every time I hold This rifle I find another image that I didn't see before.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. That is a very unique pattern for sure.

That is one very kewl rifle. I like the stock. Was the barreled action refinished? It sure looks good.

Yes the rifle was refinished,
If I could have put it back to original , I would have.
But it wouldn't be of any value
To anyone, with the drilling for the scope. So I figured I can't screw it up any more, 20151111_100401.jpg
P.s. Iam very happy with it, it's a great shooter . hope to take a deer with it this fall.

Yup, the old prop plane, the helicopter with the warrior's jumping out. The rows and rows
Of white cross's like in Arlington cemetery , the faces of soldier's.
Soldier's sitting down holding there weapon with there head down. I look at it, and it get's to me at times.
Thanks for the reply.

Every time I hold This rifle I find another image that I didn't see before.

Bigfoot? (in the woods) ;)

I like the pattern--came out good! Don't worry about collector value, just shoot it! I have a P1917 that the rear sight has been milled off of and scope side-mounted like yours. Factory stock has been replaced with a Monte Carlo "kit" stock. It is still a great shooter with a beautiful bore.

This rifle came from Kealakekua
HI. Of all places to get a krag.
This shoots very well. Really likes the Remington 180 gr.
Factory loads.

Back