• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

2016 Turkey Seasons

Got out on Saturday. Spent thirty minutes in one spot calling, no response. We moved and called for about 45 mins in another spot. Sounded like there were 3-4 toms calling back, but they were too lazy to come out. Bette luck next year I suppose!

Got out on Saturday. Spent thirty minutes in one spot calling, no response. We moved and called for about 45 mins in another spot. Sounded like there were 3-4 toms calling back, but they were too lazy to come out. Bette luck next year I suppose!

Our season is over here too. We never did see or hear anything on our property once the season started but in the last two weeks the toms have been very active across the road. My neighbor tells me someone got one over there last week or before.

I have till the end of the month, and I just came home with a new to me Turkey gun.
Just came back from the club to quick sight it in , and pattern with a couple diff loads.

That's a really nice looking gun.

Patterns good at whatever distance you were shooting it judging from the target beside of it too.

I only sited it in at 28 yds , l didn't have time to shoot all afternoon. Sited in my red dot with low recoil slugs.
Then shot 3 diff. Turkey loads .
And Iam headed out in the am
With Withth

I hunted 12 of the 19 days available in Indiana's season, had 1 chance at Jake and got busted switching from my right shoulder to the left. That was it. Very little gobbling, lots and lots of rain. Hens were roosted with toms on the last morning. DNR says it was like that state wide. I heard that the Primo's boys had just enough footage to put a video together for next spring. But here is still the fall and early winter turkey seasons still to come.
On the bright side, with all the Jakes I saw in the preseason combined with a low harvest number, next spring season ought to be one for the ages, weather permitting.

Given the slow morning and 90+ degree temps I just didnt feel too motivated to hunt this afternoon. I'm not used to hunting in high temps. It dint help that they were seding my fav field where I have my blind.

I can hunt again on Monday which is the last day of the season.

Given the slow morning and 90+ degree temps I just didnt feel too motivated to hunt this afternoon. I'm not used to hunting in high temps. It dint help that they were seding my fav field where I have my blind.

I can hunt again on Monday which is the last day of the season.

I didn't even go out , we can only hunt till noon time.
I watched them when they came to the house , my 3 hens and the Jake's , plus the two long beards, not one display or any gobbling went on , no fighting or chaseing each other.
Iam not wasting my time .
Maybe before it hits 90 degs , I well go to the range And do some shooting.

I'm done. I hunted yesterday and never heard or saw a bird. I think the late season and the warm temps have just shut them down or they are done in the area.

The season ends today and I have to work and can't get out. Maybe I can get one in the fall.

Back