• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg introduces the all new Blaze47 rimfire rifle...

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
882c6f08f15abd8a674fcf6543cfa6d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaze-47 - 37246 - 25 round magazine

Blaze-47 - 37253 - 10 round magazine

Offering the look and feel of an AK-47 in the easy-handling affordable 22LR platform.

Specifications:
  • Caliber - .22 LR
  • Capacity - 11 or 26
  • Barrel - 16.5"
  • Sights - Adj Fiber Optic/Raised Front
  • Scope - None
  • Twist - 1:16
  • Length Of Pull - 13.5" or 11.25"-14" (Adjustable Stock)
  • Finish - Blued
  • Stock - Synthetic Standard or 6-Position Adjustable
  • Weight - 3.5 lb
  • Overall Length - 35.75"

Features:

• Polymer receiver makes them lightweight and comfortable
  • Adjustable or fixed Stocks
  • Easy loading 25 round or 10 round magazines
  • Free Gun lock

Blaze-47 Wood - 37255 - 25 round magazine

Blaze-47 Wood - 37254 - 10 round magazine

Offering the look and feel of an AK-47 in the easy-handling affordable 22LR platform.

Specifications:

• Caliber - .22 LR
  • Capacity - 11 or 26
  • Barrel - 16.5"
  • Sights - Adj Fiber Optic/Raised Front
  • Scope - None
  • Twist - 1:16
  • Length Of Pull - 13.5"
  • Finish - Blued
  • Stock - Wood
  • Weight - 4.75 lb
  • Overall Length - 35.75"

Features:
  • Polymer receiver makes them lightweight and comfortable
  • Easy loading 25 round or 10 round magazines
  • Free Gun lock

Haven't seen any info on where these are made yet, but it looks like the Blaze-47 is their new Blaze rifle dressed up like an AK.

That's not too dissimilar from the 715T, except for the 702 inside was at least a metal receiver. Looks like the receiver on the new Blaze rifle is plastic. Not a lot of info available just yet but we will update as we learn more...

Yes they are being made in the good ole US of A. They are not related to the 702 line and are a complete polymer receiver.

When I saw this gun on my Facebook news feed, posted by Guns.com, I got rather excited at the thought of Mossberg making an AK-47 variant similar to Century. When I clicked the link to the Guns.com news story, I was immediately disappointed. Guns like this just seem toy-like to me, especially if the receiver is plastic.

I just picked one of these up at Cabelas for $320 in the wood grain finish, I have yet to fire it but it seems very toy-ish. I will stay open minded till I break it in and post a update and review on it.

This guy knows his stuff and he's run a good report on it, now it's no CZ but for a fun gun it sounds promising Mossberg BLAZE - 47 Review
ck out some of videos he got recognized from his online vids ~~MM~~

I wonder how many people have bought a Blaze or Blaze 47. The wood Blaze 47 I bought last fall was the first Mossberg prodict I bought in my 69 years on this earth. I bought it simply because I liked the way it looked and it had a 25 round magazine. I shot the heck out of it and found it both accurate and reliable. It will empty the magazine as fast as I can pull the trigger and it has never malfunctioned. After I bought the Blaze 47, I started looking at other Mossberg products since it appeared they know how to build a good plastic rifle at an affordable price. I then bought a Mossberg 500 field/deer combo in 12 gauge and it has become my favorite shotgun. I sold my 2 very old single shot shotguns but kept my old JC Higgins model 20 that was made the year I was born.

I think my 2 Mossbergs wil be the last 22 rifle or shotgun I will ever want or need. I didn't know Mossberg made rifles, only shotguns, until I saw the Blaze 47 on sale. That's when I did a little research and found out that they got started making 22 firearms.

Last edited:
I think that for a whole lot of us our first Mossberg was a .22

This was my first one: the 353t
20170218_091740.jpg

This is from the seventies and it does have a plastic trigger guard, but this is a real solid little gun.

I think that for a whole lot of us our first Mossberg was a .22

This was my first one: the 353t
View attachment 14428

This is from the seventies and it does have a plastic trigger guard, but this is a real solid little gun.

I thought Mossberg only made shotguns until I ran across the Blaze 47. My first 22 was a JC Higgins single shot I got for Christmas in the early 60s. My Dad paid $10.88 for it from Sears Roebuck and they mailed it to us. My other 22s were Marlins until I bought a Henry lever action.

Well that was a good choice. I sure think that Henry 22 leaves the other levers in the dust.

I really like my little Henry lever action 22 but I have promised it to my 14 year old grandson as a reward for becoming an Eagle Scout. He is really looking forward to getting it and I think it makes him more determined to get it early rather than later. Most boys that become Eagle Scouts get them shortly before they age out at 18. I think he will get his at 15 or 16 as he is already close. His Dad is the scoutmaster.

I doubt there are enough of these guns around to draw any attention but I have been enjoying mine a lot. I have shot (but I don't count) between 600 and 1,000 rounds and it has had no malfunctions at all. 22 ammo has recently been available for under 6 cents per round so I have been shooting my Blaze 47, my Henry rifle and Marlin 60 more with no issues. I took my Blaze 47, my Henry rifle and my S&W AR15 to my grandson's birthday party and we shot them until we ran out of ammo. My grandson loved them all and my almost 11 hear old granddaughter shot the Henry and Blaze 47. She liked the Blaze 47 more than the Henry because she said it was much lighter than the Henry and all she had to do was aim and pull the trigger. I think the Blaze will continue to be under appreciated because it is so light and looks like a toy.

Back