• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cam pics

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
On back side of my place theres couple acres i left wild. I dont hunt back there just left it as a little sanctuary i do have a camera up just to see whats passed thru. Its pretty thick and leads to small creek gives critters a safe spot. It was cool seeing the jake on cam this morning ive only had hens so far this year. The young buck is neat hope he learns fast its pretty tough sledding on surrounding land for the deer id like to see him mature couple years.MFDC3723-11.jpg MFDC3694-11.jpg MFDC37121.jpg

Awesome.

I'm a big sucker for trail camera photos, as most guys here can swear to. :)

We have a couple of young bucks like the one you have.

And I have one I got a photo of last week that's already a 9 point from the best that I can tell from the photos. Pretty gnarly rack on him too.

If he hangs out long enough for deer season, by all intents and purposes, he may well be a 10 or maybe even a 12 pointer by rifle season.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I get just as much excitement seeing trail camera pictures of what's in my woods than when I see them in person.

I wholeheartedly agree. I put the trailcam invention up there with the battery power sawzall top ten invention list for me. I pretty much enjoy trailcamming ? If thats a word as much as hunting anymore. Not the adrenaline dump but ive killed my share over a lifetime so pulling the trigger isnt really necessary anymore. Dont het me wrong i still hunt but the cameras give me great enjoyment too.

I'm the same way buddy.

This top one is the one I expect will be between a 10-12 point come rifle season this November. He's already a 9 point and summer isn't even over yet.

PNYzoYZ.jpg

Halo

AGTr9ks.jpg

First bull Elk I got a photo of up there, and he's massive.
QovFqe8.jpg

A couple of bucks
Ynb4f2k.jpg

JGJqwbt.jpg

There were 5 cubs in total with this momma, but only 4 are seen in this photo.
eKJCTln.jpg

A few Tom's showing off.
mlG8lX0.jpg

Very cool. I haven't gotten my cams out yet this year. I have one that isnt working correctly and need to replace it. I just have not had the time. But this is making me feel motivated.

Those are very nice pics i like your buck. I had put in for Ky Elk tags for couple years but eventually lost interest it would sure be closure than New Mexico though. I camped near Frankfort Ky few years ago while visiting in Frankfort i was blown away near the water treatment plant were monster bucks just wandering around in yards and street corners i had alot of pictures but not sure if i can find them.

I don't waste my time with elk tags.

If you look back through previous tags, they were often given out as political favors.

Sadly, the elk numbers have plummeted in recent years.

Thats sad i wonder simply failed experiment just not able to adapt or poor management program.

poor management.

The herds had grown a lot in the few short years after their reintroduction before they opened seasons.

Then they got greedy and allowed them to be hunted far too heavily. Even gave several outdoors channels hosts to come in and hunt during off seasons just for the publicity from some of what I have heard.

There were herds that had grown to 8, 10, even 12 strong in just a few short years, but now, they have began to move out of this area where they were being hunted so heavily for areas where the pressure isn't as high.

I used to see them regularly. More often in the earlier spring than any other time, but I haven't gotten a single photo of any in almost 2 years now.

PICT0004 (1).JPG This heifer is really enjoying the free food she was back again last night at 130 in the a.m.. Proving to be a worthy opponent. But her time is just about up. Il give her a couple more days to see if she can be trapped if not i have pretty good idea where she spending her days and a special hi speed .243 trapping device for her butt.

As much as i would like to be posting success alas i can not. Like i said i was fairly certain where she calls home during hot days its a little swamp surrounded by thick wetland plants and ferns and pines the undergrowth is about 3 to 4 feet high so basically an animal could be 10 feet away and you wont see it. I found the main trail from beds to feeding areas and trap and set up a camera couple days ago bingo there she is. So yesterday i set up small ground blind with intemt to get her tonight. I had set up a new night rig and anxious to try it. The new rifle is very light making it a nice host for heavy night scope. My first error this evening was leaving the thermacell at home DUMB ! I was swarmed and shredded for 3 hours. I had tw20170804_082335.jpg 20170721_084719.jpg decent hogs come thru about 930 but passed because im on a mission to remove whom i now call lucy da ho. She stood me up. I did have a hog pass behind me at one point and cross where i couldnt see maybe her not sure. The blind i set up had no rear concealment so i was pretty much just froze listening to noise pass behind me. Lucy stil lives and i hope i didnt contract west nile or zeke or malaria ! Tommorrow is another day the old sow is a formidable adversary whom ive come to respect.

Dude, I'm not laughing at you.

No, wait, I kinda am.

That's a funny story, but it's only funny because I've been there and done that more times than I can count or care to think about.

Buddy, that's why they call it hunting.

Anyone who thinks you just go out in the woods and kills something, have no idea what they're talking about.

Thanks for sharing the story. I'm sure there are a lot of guys here who have a bunch of their own too.

Those idiots who don't want you to go hunting with "unsportsmanlike" weapons have never suddenly been up close and personal with a bear or moose on their native turf.

Being placed in that situation would change their minds completely about what kind of arms should be allowed.

By the way, teriffic trail cam pics you guys!

Dude, I'm not laughing at you.

No, wait, I kinda am.

That's a funny story, but it's only funny because I've been there and done that more times than I can count or care to think about.

Buddy, that's why they call it hunting.

Anyone who thinks you just go out in the woods and kills something, have no idea what they're talking about.

Thanks for sharing the story. I'm sure there are a lot of guys here who have a bunch of their own too.
Ive hunted oh say 45 years i guess. It always amazes me the adaptive animals. When you think you got em down they show you up. If that wasnt the case id probably have no interest anymore. Its amazing if you ponder the technology now cameras chemical scent blocking and night vision for gosh sakes. Yet the creature God created can still win sometime. Now i could have put food on table if that was goal but i was looking for a specified animal that raises the bar some. But anyway i just love being out.

Those idiots who don't want you to go hunting with "unsportsmanlike" weapons have never suddenly been up close and personal with a bear or moose on their native turf.

Being placed in that situation would change their minds completely about what kind of arms should be allowed.

By the way, teriffic trail cam pics you guys!
Ive had the honor of hunting all the large and small game in north America and europe by many different methods. I am and know many an ethical hunter whose money and hard labor have done more to support our wild treasures than any Anti ever could they are simply irrelevant and are not allowed to rent any space in my head.

Back