• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lee Load-All2 shotshell press modification

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I'm sure that I'm not the only person who doesn't like to leave their extra gunpowder in the hopper after they finish a batch of shells.

And (one of) the biggest drawbacks to the Lee shell press is the split hopper that separates the shot and the powder.

So, this evening, I used a pencil and piece of paper and traced out the halves and cut a piece of pine shelving and essentially made a cap so I don't make a huge mess when I pour my powder back out into its' jug.

mod wad 006.JPG

mod wad 008.JPG

Nice mod, that has always been a problem

I don't know why they don't just include a little plastic or rubber cap for the hoppers. It would only cost a few more cents a unit.

I like that idea! Same here, I always disliked the red plastic lid for that same reason. I'm assuming you're securing the shot lid somehow? I think I'm not the only one that's ever dumped that danged thing all over the floor.

I just hold my hand over either lid while I'm dumping one side or the other.

It's a little on the fat side, and just tension holds it in place and keeps it from just falling into the hoppers. That's why I used the drawer pulls to give me something to pull against when I'm taking the lids off.

I tend to put my fingers over the lid when dumping just to make sure it doesn't fall out.

Thanks nitesite. You're too kind. I just don't like making a big mess every time I finish a batch of shells when I'm trying to put everything back into their respective containers.

I use the red plastic bushing box lid. I drilled a hole in one end of the box lid, I think it's 9/16". When I finish reloading I put the lid on with the hole over the powder hopper and pour it back into the original powder container, then I turn the lid around and pour the shot back into the bucket. It works great.

I use the red plastic bushing box lid. I drilled a hole in one end of the box lid, I think it's 9/16". When I finish reloading I put the lid on with the hole over the powder hopper and pour it back into the original powder container, then I turn the lid around and pour the shot back into the bucket. It works great.

I do the same, with a rubber cork in the hole to keep dust out, and I have a big rubber band around the whole carriage and hopper to keep the lid on. The dang things don't stay on.

I have one press set for each gage, 12 & 16, and I tossed all those other bushings in a drawer.

Back