• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

"We're gonna start comin' to the suburbs"

That sheriff used plain English and was to the point.

What I saw on the local news last night was disgusting. Groups of people, mostly young, running around just tearing things up. Breaking doors and windows of businesses, some looting, but fortunately no fires. They would congregate, break stuff, the police would use pepper guns and tear gas and the crowd would run. Then they would regroup a block away and start over again. Over and over for hours. About 75 National Guard personnel arrived at about 11pm. Their job was to protect businesses from the roving bands. Too few and too many stores.

Those punks have no respect for others whatsoever. 4 or 5 went into one store and were chased out by the owner. He was armed and prepared to use force. The punks understood him.

Another thing that stood out, I'd estimate 75 or 80 % of the folks were white. The few that were interviewed really had no reason for what they were doing other than to say they were angry. They should understand that Tulsa has a lot of responsible folks that are very angry as well.

I suppose we will have a repeat tonight.

I moved my loaded/at ready shotgun upstairs for faster access, with an over the chest bandolier and hearing protection. I slept better last night.

And that's the way most Americans see it.

There is a "peaceful protest" scheduled for my county (*I was shocked when I read it on facegook). I'm fine with that. I support anyones right 100% for a peaceful protest. But, within 2 hours of it being posted, I saw some out of state people commenting about "road trip", and some not so nice looking fellows to boot. So, if they are just wanting to sight see and hold signs and sing and hold hands, cool. No problem. God bless them.

But, they are meeting at the main choke point for traffic in our county from one side to the other and I fully suspect the road to be blocked and impassable. And I sincerely don't see this ending peacefully. And if they work their way to my house (about a mile away), they better just pass me on by.

My son gets off work from the hospital at 10PM. After pulling a 14 hour shift and will have no alternative than to drive pretty close to there just in order to get home. Ordinarily, he would be on the same street, because like I said, it's the main road.

So, he and I talked last night about the only alternate route that very few people know about using back streets and alley ways, so I intend to be sitting many blocks to the east of all of that when he gets off work with the engine idling and being all chill and not protesting nothing, and will be in contact with my son either on the phone or by 2way from the time he leaves the hospital until the time I see his headlights and if he gets into trouble, I'm going in hot. I'm just going to say it. My plate carrier and Kevlar helmet is already sitting in the passenger seat of my truck, and if I have to go in and help him, play time is over and I'll assess the situation when I roll up on it and deal with it however I see fit. I'm not looking for trouble in any way, but I'm not having my son hurt or killed by a mob that is just there to cause pain and trouble. Nope.

The route he will be taking is as far away from all of that as possible, and as I mentioned to him last night, not many people even having lived here all their lives even know about it, but that's all we can do at this point is hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

As far as I can tell nothing happened last night in our county. But there is a protest scheduled for today at the biggest fanciest shopping mall in Fresno.

Our police chief is not fond of losing control. I think there are going to be a lot of cops on duty today.

Well I went out today to score worms and fish food and hardware.

Every worm in the state is sold out. Everybody is off of work and they just reopened all the lakes to fishing.
Also I drove by target and it looks like they are re-opening the store today.

I don’t see on the news reports that anything else got hit last night and it was a very quiet night with almost no traffic. I live 1/2 a mile from the intersection of two main Boulevards, And it was quite dead all night, until nearly 4am when I conked out.

I think they should start employing A-10's for riot control. I mean they're highly mobile, highly effective, they could easily disperse of dozens of riots across as many states every night. Seems logical to me

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

A decently trained group of 20 or 30 citizens armed with AR-15 and knowing how to use them would easily be able to stop a mod of hundreds. After the first fifty drop over wounded or dead, the rest would scatter. If however they themselves come armed and ready to go...problems.

You can't discount the value of guerilla warfare especially on your home turf. I know where to hide... No need to get close if you are a marksman with a "hunting" rifle. The "leaders" will be the first to drop and any other targets of value. Carbine if they get closer. Shotgun if they get closer than that. Pistol when you can smell their sweat. Blade when you can smell their breath! ;)

Last edited:

I was going to post this but you beat me to it! :D I'll quote him though, because it is classically rich! ;)

“We are going to hunt you down and lock you up if you engage in any criminal conduct. I would tell them, if you value your life, they probably shouldn’t do that in Polk County. Because the people of Polk County like guns, they have guns, I encourage them to own guns, and they’re going to be in their homes tonight with their guns loaded, and if you try to break into their homes to steal, to set fires, I’m highly recommending they blow you back out of the house with their guns. So, leave the community alone"
biggrin.gif
I like the way this guy thinks...
wink.gif

This is in response to "protestors" saying they were going to move out of Lakeland, a larger city east of Tampa, and into the suburbs... LINK

Yep, they stayed peaceful and even dispersed earlier than anticipated last night too. I have no problem with protesting in the manner that they did it here last night.

They were welcomed in Claremore by heavily armed citizens. I think the residents just treated it like a parade. Just sat out side their businesses and smiled and waved at the protestors.

Back