• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 935 Turkey!!!

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I was accused of not posting pics of my new Turkey gun so here goes:

Mossberg935_001.jpg Mossberg935_002.jpg
It was a birthday present (via gift cards to the LGS) last Dec from my wife.

I thought I had posted a pic somewhere but better late then never.

Its a dream to shoot compared to my 835. I will not kick out low brass in its factory configuration which was expected but I know what to do to correct that if I need to. This will probaby stay a dedicated turkey gun unless I get back into waterfowl hunting.

View attachment 23004 View attachment 23005

Its a dream to shoot compared to my 835. I will not kick out low brass in its factory configuration which was expected but I know what to do to correct that if I need to. This will probaby stay a dedicated turkey gun unless I get back into waterfowl hunting.
Wow! Really nice Mike! I like all the dark green in the camo.

Btw...you weren't just accused...you were tried and convicted. :lol: You just avoided the firing squad...it was close. :ripper:

View attachment 23004 View attachment 23005

Love that obsession pattern.

The 935 Magnum Turkey is my first and only privately owned auto loading shotgun. I really enjoy it. I topped mine with a Nikon Spur (from their P-Tactical series), Claw sling and put a Carlson's Long Beard XR choke in it. I went with the Mossy Oak Bottomland camo.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I'm not a turkey hunter so explain the "process" and why a specialized gun is desired. Is it akin to making dozens of head shots at one time in case a single head shot misses?

Any shotgun will work.

I wanted a semi auto that would shoot 3.5" shells. I got tired if the 835 beating me up.

Turkeys under 10 yards are hard to hit so sometimes a quick followup is necessary.

I've killed many birds with a plain pump gun but this one definitely kills them deader, I'm pretty sure its a camo dip.

I never tought I would have to justify a gun purchase. :lol:

The " process" is to head shoot them with as dense a pattern as possible. You want to hit the spine/brain without putting pellets into the breast.

Typically 15-40 yards is my comfort zone. To close you can miss easily with the extra full choke. Too far and you start to get pellets in the meat.

One if the birds I shot this year had a pellet in the leg, where I separated the drumstick from the lower leg, but none in the breast. Must have been a flier, the shot was only 35 yards.

I've used long barrels before, but these days, I like as short as I can legally get by with. Provided it has a good tight choke in it.

I've used long barrels before, but these days, I like as short as I can legally get by with. Provided it has a good tight choke in it.

I like long barrels out of a blind/pop up and short when run-&-gunning. Getting the barrel out of the window is a lot easier on the ears.

I did cut the 24" barrel on my 930 down to 18.5 and retapped it for choke tubes. I never did get a chance to hunt with it

I first started hunting turkeys with an old Mossberg 20 ga pump with whatever choke it came with. Upgraded to the Tactical Turkey then graduated to the 935 Magnum Turkey.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I don't turkey hunt from a blind. We usually set up behind a fallen tree and just prop the gun up on the deadfall as a rest. But, I do see your point about not wanting the muzzle noise in a small building. That would be brutal.

I don't turkey hunt from a blind. We usually set up behind a fallen tree and just prop the gun up on the deadfall as a rest. But, I do see your point about not wanting the muzzle noise in a small building. That would be brutal.

Pop-ups are awesome. Unlike deer, turkeys dont care. You can set up in the middle of a field and they will walk right past it.

Yes even the noise in a pop-up is brutal. Learned that the hard way.

Pop-ups are awesome. Unlike deer, turkeys dont care. You can set up in the middle of a field and they will walk right past it.

Yes even the noise in a pop-up is brutal. Learned that the hard way.

Yeah, if you are still enough, I've had turkeys walk within 10 feet from me just sitting behind an old deadfall. It's the best "blind" ever.

Back