• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

]Biden creates new ATF gun-trafficking ‘strike forces’ in gun control crackdown

1ABNDT

.270 WIN
https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...-61821825&mc_cid=cee9b57ef8&mc_eid=5118610775

Biden creates new ATF gun-trafficking ‘strike forces’ in gun control crackdown

JUNE 23, 2021 LIZ GEORGE

President Joe Biden’s administration announced additional steps it is taking to combat gun violence in the United States on Tuesday, including the formation of five gun-trafficking “strike forces” to stem the flow of guns being moved across state lines.

According to the Department of Justice, the new strike forces will be launched within 30 days “to help reduce violent crime by addressing illegal gun trafficking in significant firearms trafficking corridors” that move guns into New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C.

“As the President has repeatedly said, we are experiencing an epidemic of gun violence in this country. This violence robs us of loved ones and causes life-altering physical injuries,” the White House said in a statement. “It causes lasting trauma, with cascading consequences for children, families, and communities. It steals our freedom, our sense of belonging and security, and has ripple effects for our economy.”

The forces will be a coordinated effort between U.S. Attorneys and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), as well as state and local law enforcement.

“Working with our local partners to tackle violent crime is one of the Justice Department’s most important responsibilities,” said Attorney General Merrick B. Garland in a statement. “Today, the department is taking another concrete step to address violent crime and illegal firearms trafficking. Our firearms trafficking strike forces will investigate and disrupt the networks that channel crime guns into our communities with tragic consequences. This effort reflects our shared commitment to keep communities safe.”

The administration’s efforts also include establishing “zero tolerance for rogue gun dealers that willfully violate the law,” which will result in revocation of gun dealers’ federal licenses.

The administration said the ATF will revoke gun dealers’ licenses the first time they willfully violate federal law, including transferring guns to a prohibited individual, failing to run a background check, falsifying records, failing to respond to an ATF tracing request and refusing to permit ATF to conduct an inspection in violation of the law.

“In addition, ATF will notify every firearms dealer whose license is revoked about how to lawfully transfer any remaining inventory, as well as the potential criminal consequences of continuing to engage in the business of buying and selling guns without a license,” the administration wrote. “The prior Administration stopped this important notification practice that helps deter future unlawful activity.”

Additionally, the Biden administration noted that it will work to strengthen community policing of violent crimes, expand summer programming and employment opportunities for teenagers and young adults, and assist former convicts as they transition back into communities.

“The President continues to call on Congress to take action to end this gun violence epidemic,” the White House statement read. “But he knows we cannot afford to wait a single day while lives are being taken, which is why he has already announced a set of initial actions to prevent gun violence – including toughening regulations on ghost guns and moving historically quickly to nominate a permanent ATF Director – in addition to the steps announced today as part of this strategy.”

The crackdown comes as states across the country pass laws nullifying federal gun laws in their states. In Missouri, Gov. Mike Parson signed into law House Bill 85, allowing state gun laws to overrule federal gun laws and making law enforcement liable if an officer violates an Americans’ constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

“HB 85 puts those in Washington D.C. on notice that here in Missouri we support responsible, law-abiding gun owners, and that we oppose government overreach and any unlawful efforts to limit our access to firearms,” Gov. Parson said in a statement.

Don't dealers already face consequences for failing to do whats required of them?

Lets just intimidate dealers and make it so hard to function they they close up shop and nobody can buy guns.

And how many of these illegal guns come from licensed dealers? How many of these were a result if the dealer not doing their job?

More BS that will affect everyone but the criminals.

Don't dealers already face consequences for failing to do whats required of them?

Lets just intimidate dealers and make it so hard to function they they close up shop and nobody can buy guns.

And how many of these illegal guns come from licensed dealers? How many of these were a result if the dealer not doing their job?

More BS that will affect everyone but the criminals.

Agreed,

Under Clinton thousands of FFl holders let their license lapse as they were being pressured by the BATF for ANY reason and said it wasn't worth it to keep it. Joe is just doing the same as Willie.

They did under obama too. I was one of those that chose not to renew their license during that time. Not because of fear of persecution, but from lack of being able to purchase a product to sell. Which is much like right now as well too.

I don't have many FFL's in my county as it is. And two of them have already told me they were not renewing their license later this year when they are due. That will leave one pawn shop who is already overpriced.

Not because of fear of persecution, but from lack of being able to purchase a product to sell. Which is much like right now as well too.

About a month ago I stopped in a small LGS to see if he had any shokbuffs (no). We chatted about the industry and he said he has over $50Gs set aside to buy product but can't get any. He had maybe a dozen used handguns and rifles priced on the high end but not gougery... And NO ammo other than "weird" hunting calibers.

I let my FFL go back in the late 90s mainly because I lost my storefront which was shared with a used car dealer buddy of mine. Landlord had sold the property and it is now a Wendys. I have a warehouse/storefront now and have toyed with getting it again but wonder if I'd want to deal with the scrutiny and if it would "pay for itself" over time. Creating/registering a corp/LLC, getting Fed & Sales Tax IDs, CLEO approval and permits are no problem. Getting reasonable insurance might be. :(

About a month ago I stopped in a small LGS to see if he had any shokbuffs (no). We chatted about the industry and he said he has over $50Gs set aside to buy product but can't get any. He had maybe a dozen used handguns and rifles priced on the high end but not gougery... And NO ammo other than "weird" hunting calibers.

I let my FFL go back in the late 90s mainly because I lost my storefront which was shared with a used car dealer buddy of mine. Landlord had sold the property and it is now a Wendys. I have a warehouse/storefront now and have toyed with getting it again but wonder if I'd want to deal with the scrutiny and if it would "pay for itself" over time. Creating/registering a corp/LLC, getting Fed & Sales Tax IDs, CLEO approval and permits are no problem. Getting reasonable insurance might be. :(

Thats there plan, make it more and more difficult for the FA industry to exist.

For example when the Trudeau government banned certain FA'S here in Canada they left business and distributors with piles of inventory that they can’t sell or return to said manufacturer.

In turn collapsing the market and creating a "zero value", in which they will use as a bench mark if a buy back program is put forth. So now that your firearm has no market value, they can now turn around and tell you its worth nothing.

Back