• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month (December 2021) (Riots)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Is there a point where you would take up arms and travel 30 minutes to defend a a community, business or persons against rioters, looters and arsonists?

The simple answer would be Yes, for family. To more involved answer would be whether to defend in place or to extract.

Defend businesses and others' property? Probably not likely unless legally deputized and backed by LE.

I would have an internal debate within myself as to whether innocent people are being killed, or if in the end it is just going to be an insurance claim.

If the Wal-Marts are being looted. I don't care. If a white owned tire store is burned to the ground, I don't care.

And I truly have real pity for innocent residents who see their local businesses burned down, when they rely upon them for food and other essentials. However, I know that many (not all) can possibly leave temporarily, and local government and volunteer sources can meet their most immediate needs.

Except for getting new hair weave extensions, lime green lipstick, and Hennessy. For those things they will just have to forage on their own. Or go without.

I am not getting involved in the least.

Short answer is no.

I feel like there are better ways to fight this fight, and I'd rather go after the people behind this rather than take down their puppets.

But if someone I knew needed help (not likely since I don't know anyone in affected areas) I would go if I could get the support of my family.

Last edited:
I'm sort of a self-defense kind of guy. I'll do what I can to keep my family safe. I guess you could call it selfish-defense.

il_570xN.2067927455_5k6m.jpg

There are two "major" cities 1/2 hour in opposite directions. One is Orlando which I give ZERO fucks about--avoid it like the plague (the real one). It could burn to the ground for all I care... ;) There have been interstate blockages from assholes "protesting" but not lately and they were few and far between. Lots of POS Dumpocrap voters.

The other is Daytona Beach where a couple vendors I buy from are and if they asked for help defending their complexes, I would go. One vendor is also an FFL with a cooler trailer for food storage and completely fenced lot. They are in the middle of "notsogood" town so it could be difficult making it to them. Daytona is cut in half by a seedy strip and you have to pass through it to get to beachside from the interstate. The sheriff is a decent guy and doesn't put up with blockages from protests and the only time a road was blocked was by permit and it was scheduled so people knew to take alternate routes. Even then it was over in a half-hour. The natives understand that just about every white boy is a hunter with no need to get up close and personal... :)

Family comes first, and big business last.
I would have little trouble shooting an arsonist. Arson can take out a whole town.

I firmly believe we should focus on strengthen our position where we are. That said, traveling to an incident, even 30 minutes away, is no small challenge given that these incidents typically don't just last a couple of hours. Looking at incidents back in the 60s and 70s will provide greater insight into how things can esculate into major riots that last for days and can move sometimes miles across cities. Guess you can carry a tactical vest or battle belt but how are you going to sustain yourself after 24 to 72 hours. A couple of hundred rounds of ammo can be expended in hours if not minutes. What then?

Many will cache extra supplies in their vehicle but what if you can't get back to it or it gets destroyed. Then you're faced with how to get back home or to a safe haven with what you're carring. Plus identification of who are the good guys and who are the bad guys becomes difficult without an organized command structure. Not saying we shouldn't ever help out our fellow man in need but it's not as simple as grabbing your gun and driving off.

Lone wolves don't typically survive long in the wilderness.

I firmly believe we should focus on strengthen our position where we are. That said, traveling to an incident, even 30 minutes away, is no small challenge given that these incidents typically don't just last a couple of hours. Looking at incidents back in the 60s and 70s will provide greater insight into how things can esculate into major riots that last for days and can move sometimes miles across cities. Guess you can carry a tactical vest or battle belt but how are you going to sustain yourself after 24 to 72 hours. A couple of hundred rounds of ammo can be expended in hours if not minutes. What then?

Many will cache extra supplies in their vehicle but what if you can't get back to it or it gets destroyed. Then you're faced with how to get back home or to a safe haven with what you're carring. Plus identification of who are the good guys and who are the bad guys becomes difficult without an organized command structure. Not saying we shouldn't ever help out our fellow man in need but it's not as simple as grabbing your gun and driving off.

Lone wolves don't typically survive long in the wilderness.
This ^^

Sounds like a strategic nightmare to me. When they're in your own backyard things might be a bit different though.

If only we had an actual militia created to handle this sort of thing.

This ^^

Sounds like a strategic nightmare to me. When they're in your own backyard things might be a bit different though.

If only we had an actual militia created to handle this sort of thing.

S.R., certainly understand your point on a militia but let's be realistic about a majority of today's militias. Most are locally organized groups of like minded individuals who have a great heart and dedication but lack the in place sustainment and delivery capabilities to resupply the participants after 24 to 72 hours. For every front line guy you typically have 3 or 4 providing logistical support. I have not seen that with the majority of these civilian "militias" in my part of the country.

Recently, the Governor of Florida announce his intent to organize and field a state level militia using $3.5M he was initially earmarking for the initative. Now this has merit and potential to fill the need for a quick reaction militia that could be used during natural disasters and distruberances like we're discusing. Selection, training, command structure, equipment fielding and longterm sustainment requires money and leadership both upfront and annually. Hopefully the Governor follows through on this initiative.

Regards

S.R., certainly understand your point on a militia but let's be realistic about a majority of today's militias. Most are locally organized groups of like minded individuals who have a great heart and dedication but lack the in place sustainment and delivery capabilities to resupply the participants after 24 to 72 hours. For every front line guy you typically have 3 or 4 providing logistical support. I have not seen that with the majority of these civilian "militias" in my part of the country.

Recently, the Governor of Florida announce his intent to organize and field a state level militia using $3.5M he was initially earmarking for the initative. Now this has merit and potential to fill the need for a quick reaction militia that could be used during natural disasters and distruberances like we're discusing. Selection, training, command structure, equipment fielding and longterm sustainment requires money and leadership both upfront and annually. Hopefully the Governor follows through on this initiative.

Regards
My comment was more geared along the lines of "if it were possible," I agree 100%.

Militia. That is a joke.

If I am not being adequately provided normal and needed supplies from the rear echelon, on a regular basis, then I become combat ineffective really rikki-tik.

Remember I said earlier, if it is just going to be an insurance claim, I am not going to endanger anyone, most particularly my family.

Recently, the Governor of Florida announce his intent to organize and field a state level militia using $3.5M he was initially earmarking for the initative.

As a FL resident, this pleases me so. LINK Of course, slimedia is quick to twist it to something it is not, especially the FLSecAg Fried appearing on racist POS Reid's show recently. Fried somehow got voted into office as one of DeSantis' cabinet members (SecAg, AG, CFO) and is now challenging him for gubna in 2022. :rolleyes: DeSantis is as popular as ever and Fried is a real liberal piece of shit and hopefully when she is soundly rejected for gubna, she will go away but probably end up on MSNBC... :rolleyes: Her dept. is also charged with managing CWPs and there has been a little friction there. She also had her picture put on the "weights and measures" certification stickers on gas pumps and I try to Hitler mustache her whenever I get gas... :D

State Militias are not uncommon and all DeSantis is doing is re-activating it...

SDF.jpg

As a FL resident, this pleases me so. LINK Of course, slimedia is quick to twist it to something it is not, especially the FLSecAg Fried appearing on racist POS Reid's show recently. Fried somehow got voted into office as one of DeSantis' cabinet members (SecAg, AG, CFO) and is now challenging him for gubna in 2022. :rolleyes: DeSantis is as popular as ever and Fried is a real liberal piece of shit and hopefully when she is soundly rejected for gubna, she will go away but probably end up on MSNBC... :rolleyes: Her dept. is also charged with managing CWPs and there has been a little friction there. She also had her picture put on the "weights and measures" certification stickers on gas pumps and I try to Hitler mustache her whenever I get gas... :D

State Militias are not uncommon and all DeSantis is doing is re-activating it...

View attachment 26378
Ok this is news to me, of all the states to be on this list CA is not one I would have guessed.
Looks like Ohio is too, which is nice since I'm thinking about moving out there.

I will and have made the trip for family but not the town. My parents still live in the house I grew up in. Back in late summer of 2020 I got a text if I'd heard they had a riots going on there. I checked the local news. There had been a police shooting of a 18 year old Hispanic male about a 1/2 mile from mom and dad. A police car was destroyed after the body was removed, late afternoon. After sun down a group was starting to destroy some business windows and some dumpster fires were set in the downtown area.
I grabbed a few supplies and hurried to my parents house. I didn't expect any trouble and frankly hoped I wouldn't find any. I went a bit out of my way getting there to avoid a bad neighborhood and arrived to a quiet street.
Mom and Dad usually keep their house locked up like a fortress but this night an unlocked screen door greeted me. I filled them in and said I'd keep an eye on things. I sat on the porch until midnight and then went home. I repeated this the next night after the news reported outside agitators were coming in.
What came out of it:
- after the shooting, the left immediately started to spread lies. The 18 year old became a 14 year old with a disability. He laid on the hot asphalt for hours. The police didn't need to shoot him.
- the left had people local that were ready to hit the streets. Most were from the liberal college in town. It's an expensive private college that's primarily attended by out of state kids, primarily New Jersey.
- the police took the wind out of the claims by almost immediately releasing the shooting video. It showed the officer being attacked with a knife, initially retreating and then firing once with a shot the hit the heart.
-bail on those arrested the first night was $1 million so the worst were all still in jail. The outsiders coming in knew this too. They didn't drop the bail for 3 or 4 days.
- when I was young I would have defended the city if needed but it went from center right when I was a kid to now being a semi woke, left city. Anti gun too.
- The guy that was removed from the gene pool was known to the police. A year before he stabbed and cut 3 people. A lot of people questioned why he was out already. His past being publicized also helped defuse those trying to agitate.
- I'm going for them again especially if I expect trouble. I would remove them though if I thought it may get ugly.

Ok this is news to me, of all the states to be on this list CA is not one I would have guessed. . .

It's all that damn propaganda. The Dumbos want conservatives to hate California. Our National Guard here is big. Big military bases too.

California has more farmers & ranchers than any other state. More. Than. Texas. And wilderness. A lot.

We are not all gay painted hairdressers with foofoo dogs and Volvos. Guess what state has the most motorcyclists?
Nads_align.jpg
Our Nomad Owners is a very tiny club. There are 500x as many Harleys here. Dirt clubs galore. Car clubs. Duck clubs. Fishing derbys. There's 160 4WD clubs in the state. We used to have the most NRA members, but since Cuomo, it's New York.

It's OK not to hate California. The crooks in office? Yeah, hate away . . .

It's all that damn propaganda. The Dumbos want conservatives to hate California. Our National Guard here is big. Big military bases too.

California has more farmers & ranchers than any other state. More. Than. Texas. And wilderness. A lot.

We are not all gay painted hairdressers with foofoo dogs and Volvos. Guess what state has the most motorcyclists?
View attachment 26385
Our Nomad Owners is a very tiny club. There are 500x as many Harleys here. Dirt clubs galore. Car clubs. Duck clubs. Fishing derbys. There's 160 4WD clubs in the state. We used to have the most NRA members, but since Cuomo, it's New York.

It's OK not to hate California. The crooks in office? Yeah, hate away . . .
Still can't say I like living here though, but I live in LA which is much different from up north. The Sierra country is something else for sure, I practically grew up in Kern County.

I avoid soCal, and generally the whole coast. I had to take too many whirlwind business trips to LA, San Diego and to San Francisco, to really enjoy the few pleasure trips I took. I traveled the west coast on highrise engineering jobs and public building contracts. I really hate living on the coast more than a few days at a time, though there are spots I do like to visit.

Places like Elk or Tomalas bay. Way above the whole bay area business.

I live well toward the Sierra Nevada, and I like it here a lot. I think I am very lucky to live here, considering the property values. But, if not for my wife, I would plan to sell out and move. I do expect things to get worse here.

Back