• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I am SOOOOOO disappointed in Springfield Armory Customer Service right now

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
I own three (bought new) Springfield firearms, all of which are warranty registered with the manufacturer including a Scout Squad that I spent $1700 on.

Today I called and asked if I could get a replacement for my decal that I have on the back window of my truck. I told Angie that it was worn out and I would like to get another one, either free or I had my credit card in my hand to just buy another.

She said that it was not free, but I could buy one for $1.99. Okay, "great" I said. "Let me give you my card #....."

Then Angie told me that shipping for ONE frickin' decal was $10.00. She apologized but said that that was the only way to ship a bumper sticker/decal. TEN frickin' dollars.

I apologized for taking up their time and I politely hung up the phone.

As a side note, Henry Rifles (I only own one, not three) sent me when I asked to buy some swag an envelope stuffed full of swag, at no cost to me. I got the envelope just last week. For free.

And I bought earlier in December a gun belt from "We The People" Gun Holsters and later in the same week in a separate envelope came a package of swag for free.

I tried to get a replacement roll pin from them for my XD40Tactical once.

She said they couldn't sell or ship me one. I'd have to send the gun in for warranty work.

I told her it was a 45 cent roll pin. It would have costed me almost $50 for shipping round trip.

I told the gal to forget it. I'd go to the hardware store and see if I could find something that would fit. And she informed me that any user modifications to the gun would void the warranty.

To which I replied what good was a warranty if I couldn't get a replacement roll pin in the first place? I even offered to pay for the part and shipping, but again, was told that it was not a consumer part and I'd have to send them the gun to replace it.

Whatever.

Springfield as a company isn't really all that great. They're more of an importer than anything. Kind of like EAA and Century International and Charles Daly, etc. But I like EAA and CIA and Charles Daly. I can't really claim the same for springfield.

And their backdoor anti 2A stance in Illinois got a lot of people fired up several years ago. Fortunately for me, I have a long memory about such things. Even if a lot of the gun rag writers have tried to smooth it over and basically say it was fake news.

But, campaign contributions do have a paper trail, to which I have seen that the lobbyist company their CEO's were involved with, did occur.

Many businesses use flat rate shipping which bumps the price up. I have also been noticing that many also seem to be adding handling charges so it appears they have lower prices.

Many businesses use flat rate shipping which bumps the price up. I have also been noticing that many also seem to be adding handling charges so it appears they have lower prices.

Yeah, that's been going on like, forever now.

The price of a sticker is $1.95. The price they charge to ship that sticker is $10.00. Actual cost to ship that sticker is $1.

$9 more dollars in their pocket.

The price of a sticker is $1.95. The price they charge to ship that sticker is $10.00. Actual cost to ship that sticker is $1.

I never understood "cheap" company policy like this. The $3 they "lose" is repaid many times over in customer loyalty and satisfaction. You can't buy advertising like that. And say you are paying someone $20/hr to package and ship. If it takes them 6 minutes to go the the warehouse, grab a sticker, address an envelope and put the sticker in it, that only adds another $2 to the cost of the sticker. So they are getting 100% markup... :rolleyes:

Conversely, I'll advertise larger items on CL or FBM for sale. For example, I have an older pneumatic framing nailgun that needs resealing so it will function once again. But it is heavy and awkwardly large and not easy to package. So I DON'T want to ship it. I have it advertised with another nailgun for $20. If any of you walked in the door, I would GIVE it to you. :) An interested party from out of state contacted me and was aghast when I told them it would cost $20 just for me to package it PLUS whatever shipping would be--$20-$30? Some people just don't value other people's time... ;)

I don’t know that we can blame it on greed, the times we live in or just don’t give a s@#t attitude. In my car stereo days I would order an amp or a speaker or something and get 3 or 4 stickers, a tee shirt or two and sometimes a hat, even though the item was $30. Shipping ranged up and down with many places using a flat rate brother in law price, regardless of weight. (See $3.95 flat rate on a 45lb Alpine subwoofer, lol) Motorcycle stuff is the worst because of the sizes and shapes, more than the weight. Of course, now I get to pay sale tax as well as shipping, but some things can’t be had locally, so, I just grin and bear it.

So far I have not needed service from Springfield. But I need some parts from Ruger so we’ll see how that goes. Henry has been very nice to me so far.

But considering the situation, lately my service need has been limited to oiling.

And "We the PEOPLE" Holster Company even mailed a nice thank-you card that said "We Appreciate Your Business".

There’s nothing better than dealing with a small business when they do things right. And there’s nothing more American either. Kudos to Henry. I will not hesitate to buy another lever gun.

Back