• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

500 20 gauge tri rail forend

Beardedguy136

Copper BB
I have been in search of a tri rail for my 500 20 gauge but can't find anything. there was a company that made a part so a 12 gauge forend could be used but they no longer make it. I have seen the Mossberg flex kits but it looks like they are no longer in production and i couldn't get a straight answer beyond that they would contact me if back in stock.

Any help would be appreciated

Ergo made my 12ga tri-rail handguard.

I'm not sure if they still make them or not though. I've been using mine since ~2008.

If you can't find a tri-rail, do they make a magpul forend for the 20ga? I know that's not exactly what you were wanting, but you can add Mlok rails to them.

How exactly would a forend mounted light assist your LE injuries? Or an angled grip? Mildly curious. And how did you wind up with just a 20-ga?

How exactly would a forend mounted light assist your LE injuries? Or an angled grip? Mildly curious. And how did you wind up with just a 20-ga?
I shattered my shoulder on my strong hand and the elbow on my week, ended up with a 20 ga as a gift because they thought it would be easier on my shoulder. due the week side injury i sometimes have trouble gripping the forend so its an assumption that the grip may help. the light is just for fun lol

I think a 20 ga would be easier for you too.

It may even be easier if you have a vertical grip altogether instead of an AFG, unless it's a shockwave. I used a vertical grip for a long time.

Since I don't know you, you'd know more whether you think you can handle it than I do, but I wanted to let you know that you could consider it.

I think a 20 ga would be easier for you too.

It may even be easier if you have a vertical grip altogether instead of an AFG, unless it's a shockwave. I used a vertical grip for a long time.

Since I don't know you, you'd know more whether you think you can handle it than I do, but I wanted to let you know that you could consider it.

Thanks man, I appreciate any input

The one I used for years on my 12 gauge ergo tri-rail was a Tango Down brand. The full sized one.

I would often have to hike for extended distances while at my old job, so I would carry the gun using the front grip in my left hand and could tuck the butt of the gun underneath of my left arm.

It was a huge improvement carrying the gun vertically rather than horizontally.

Edit to add:

GG&G makes a modified 20ga magpul forend.
https://www.gggaz.com/magpul-forearm-for-mossberg-20ga-shockwave.html

Which allows you to use either a magpul mlok afg or vertical grip. And can install rails. So, even if you can't find an ergo version, that would probably be the next best alternative.

Sorry to hear that. You have my full support. If I can do anything for you, please let me know. Hope you got compensation or a full retirement.

Sorry to hear that. You have my full support. If I can do anything for you, please let me know. Hope you got compensation or a full retirement.

I greatly appreciate that, worked in NJ so our accidental disability pension is amazing, so between that and I wake up every morning is a blessing trust me, could have easily gone the other way.

You're in good company here Beardedguy136.

Back