• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Alabama House Passes Constitutional Carry

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I'm hoping this goes through so you can join the other states that have already enacted and protected our rights better.

constitutional-carry-status-17-orig_orig.png

I'm hoping this goes through so you can join the other states that have already enacted and protected our rights better.
Maps like this are really incomplete without a date on them. [End of favorite Scoop Rant]

Update: Starting today, July 1, 2021, a new law that allows for both open and concealed carrying of handguns by some Tennessee residents is in effect.

Congratulations Alabama.

https://governor.alabama.gov/newsro...hts-signs-constitutional-carry-bill-into-law/

Press Release:

MONTGOMERY – Governor Kay Ivey on Thursday signed House Bill 272, known as the constitutional carry bill, into law, defending law abiding Alabamians’ Second Amendment rights.

“Unlike states who are doing everything in their power to make it harder for law abiding citizens, Alabama is reaffirming our commitment to defending our Second Amendment rights,” said Governor Ivey. “I have always stood up for the rights of law abiding gunowners, and I am proud to do that again today.”

HB272, sponsored by Rep. Shane Stringer (R – HD102), revises certain restrictions regarding the carrying or possession of a pistol and eliminates the requirement to obtain a pistol permit in order to carry a concealed pistol.

Back