• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

With tears in my eyes!

So sorry TR1! We had to say goodbye to our beautiful Sidney in October 2020. She had two bouts with cancer, the first was removed, the second couldn't be. In the end I had to pick her up and put her on her feet to get outside, and we fed her where she lay beside my chair. The second tumor was on her left upper leg and growing. I still tear up when I think of her, even though we have a new buddy. 3 year old in May, Pitbull from the Humane Society locally and he is a joy. It's a journey learning to handle a young one again. It is so hard to let them go, but thats because they love us so much. God bless you brother.

Wow, I have been away for 3 months and come back and read this thread. First off, Rude, man I feel your pain. It is so hard to lose our fur family members. Second, the compassion and caring shown here is what makes this forum special.

Wow, I have been away for 3 months and come back and read this thread. First off, Rude, man I feel your pain. It is so hard to lose our fur family members. Second, the compassion and caring shown here is what makes this forum special.
Indeed! Glad you stopped in Meanie!

Thanks man and I agree.

Oh man, so happy for you and Artemis. I can't
imagine how a dog must feel when he/she is adopted and leaves the shelter to go home with someone that wants to give it a good home ?

Thank you Rude1 for being that special someone for Artemis.

IMG_2032.jpgWill our son took him to Tom Wood Subaru today while getting some service so to the wife's car today. And he attacked everyone with love. A few people where OMG a pitbull but he was nothing but happy to meat everyone and they changed their minds and played with him. He was a big hit with all the strangers and a several friends we both have there. This dog doesn't have a mean bone in his body. That could be good but it could mean he'll be useless as protection?? We will see I guess. But I guess that's what firearms are for.

IMG_20220211_225028668.jpgThe day we brought Artemis home, half starved and not sure of his future.IMG_20220310_203837327.jpgAnd 4 months later , knows he's home and 18lbsIMG_20220512_184412732.jpgAnd today I'm in the garage changing the blades on the mower and he is going ballistic? I hear him barking and a few screams. WTH? I walk around back and he has this 18-20lb groundhog cornered at the deck, it lunges at him, he jumps to the side and lunges at it and grabs it by the neck and starts thrashing it left and right like a ragdoll and I hear a snap. He drips it and continues to bite it all over. I had to drag him away by the collar and put him in the house. That's is a standard square point shovel. Me and Mary agreed to rename him Killer(just a joke). He flung that thing around like a loaf of bread. I was like WOW. He had no blood or wounds on him so we thinks he's fine. But he definitely has a I'll kill you side to him, LOL.

Nice lookin' pelt on that GH! Did you harvest it? ;) Some dogs just kill to protect you. Some are bloodthirsty. :( As long as he didn't bite you when you pulled him off.

My cousin has this big dog, probably about 125lbs. Looks like a brindle dobie on steroids. I think he is part Bullmastiff. Anyway, I'm at my shop and there is a feral kitten on top of my tire so I chase it out of the yard as I do the rest of the feral cats. Don't want to inadvertently lock one in my shop. Cuz shows up with the dog and within 2min Bruno has chomped the kitten lifeless. No blood or mauling.

I had a dog, Alex and a cat, Coolio that would bring me "presents". A couple rabbits, numerous mice and rats, several bluejays and even an eel! They were outdoor animals except to eat or come in at night or the cold. We were about a block from a saltwater estuary but I never figured out which one brought the eel home... :D

Alex would travel with me sometimes and I took her to a farm to look at a truck to buy. The kid asks me "does your dog attack chickens?" "I don't think so" I replied. A few minutes later as I'm looking over the truck I hear a ruckus and look over to see my dog shaking a chicken in her mouth! :eek: I yell "ALEX!" and she drops the chicken then slinks over to my pickup and hops in. She had a bunch of feathers sticking out of her mouth. :D Chicken was OK but to add insult to injury I did not end up buying the truck...

Back