• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ammo available in your area.

California is going to ban all that stuff soon. I was way ahead of the curve. I haven’t owned a two-stroke motorcycle since 1975.

I retired my gas chainsaw in 1995. Don’t get excited you guys, it was just a McCulloch. I replaced it with a McCulloch ElectroMac, because I never have to get more than 50 feet from my house. And I don’t burn wood, so it’s just occasional pruning and storm damage.

I also retired my two-stroke tiller. I replaced it with a hired Gardener because I don’t want to till anymore. That’s been 10 years at least.

I hauled the two-stroke Evinrude outboard off to the boat junkyard last year. I repowered my boat with electric motors a few years back and I’ve never enjoyed fishing more.

I’m really not political about the subject myself. It’s just that I smoked for 35 years and I don’t have perfect lung function anymore. It is difficult for me to breathe around anybody running a two-stroke.

If I can’t get this Volkswagen engine to run with a lot less smog I may end up converting it to electric soon.

Heh... I have three 2-stroke chainsaws, a 2-stroke string trimmer, a 2-stroke trimmer with a 10" circular saw blade on the head, and a 2-stroke hedge trimmer. I'm gonna unintentionally kill all my neighbors with all my pollution.

Heh... I have three 2-stroke chainsaws, a 2-stroke string trimmer, a 2-stroke trimmer with a 10" circular saw blade on the head, and a 2-stroke hedge trimmer. I'm gonna unintentionally kill all my neighbors with all my pollution.

Perhaps your neighbors deserve it buddy.

Mine don’t. They are all very nice people, and I’ve never been as lucky to live in a place as I am now. It is so nice here.

The nastiest thing that happens in our neighborhood is two-stroke leaf blowers.

Now the noise doesn’t bother me personally. I make my share of noise. And I’m not upset with people that have to use chainsaws to make a living or keep the roads clear.

In fact I’m not upset with people who own two strokes at all. I don’t blame them for anything.

I blame an industry that could’ve made something really great, and instead chose to make something really cheap.

Engineers knew how to make much cleaner two-stroke engines 25 years ago. The Australians figured it out. It’s not happening because it costs more than what we’re doing now.

Cheap and dirty.

I don’t want anybody to take away your chainsaw. I want them to sell you a much better chainsaw that costs more but lasts twice as long and uses less fuel.

The secret to a modern chainsaw is all that excess fuel and oil going into the air along with actual burnt exhaust carries heat away from the engine, so it allows it to have tiny fins and run cooler and be lighter and smaller yet still make big power on demand.

I don’t actually hate two strokes. I just wish they were better.

One of my favorite YouTube channels is called “two-stroke stuffing”, about a guy that’s trying to build the worlds fastest 50cc motorcycle.

He came to Bonneville, but it was flooded out & that sent him back to Finland after an unofficial Nevada highway test run.

He’s been blowing up engine after engine on the test stand. Fun stuff.

Swung by the local Sportsman’s warehouse on the way back from the airport to check on ammo and get a Mag lula loader for my new S&W Shield 9. Didn’t check all the other aisles but the 9mm section was very well stocked I think. At least 10 different brands, with boxes stacked high and deep of most of them. Prices ranged from the$18.99/50 CCI blazer 115g fmj brass case that I got (same price for steel) up to the $40 range. All kinds of .22LR in the aisle also. That loader works just as advertised also. Stuffed two mags in under a minute with no real effort on my part. Thank you Israeli efficiency.

Glad you were able to get some stuff Rodburner. I've heard others mention how it seems that 9mm has caught back up with demand in other parts of the country too.

Sadly, the ammo drought isn't nearly over yet. If things don't change, I would wager that it may be several years before things straighten back out, if then. Stuff in the US is getting really weird, which has a lot of people on edge. Which makes demand much higher than the supply.

I saw a 1000 round case of 45acp the other day for over $700 from a company in Texas.

Glad you were able to get some stuff Rodburner. I've heard others mention how it seems that 9mm has caught back up with demand in other parts of the country too.

Sadly, the ammo drought isn't nearly over yet. If things don't change, I would wager that it may be several years before things straighten back out, if then. Stuff in the US is getting really weird, which has a lot of people on edge. Which makes demand much higher than the supply.

I saw a 1000 round case of 45acp the other day for over $700 from a company in Texas.
Thanks yeah I think it be slow to get back to pre Covid levels too. I have a couple boxes of some Russian 9mm that I want to blow through. Think I might get some more tomorrow while the gettin is good. Maybe grab some 22 for the daughter’s Sig too.

Stopped by Dunhams yesterday. Plenty of ammo of many kinds. Prices??? High. Higher than last week. Did I buy?? NO sir. I have plenty of ammo. Even if I have to drastically cut back on shooting, I'm not paying that. The ammo can sit on the shelf and they can go to the unemployment line. I've been paying out the rear end for over two years now. It's time for a change. And the change must be me Not Paying Out The Rear End.

Thanks yeah I think it be slow to get back to pre Covid levels too. I have a couple boxes of some Russian 9mm that I want to blow through. Think I might get some more tomorrow while the gettin is good. Maybe grab some 22 for the daughter’s Sig too.

Biden stopped Russian ammo imports a while back. So, anything wolf, Tula, or Brown bear, which was the cheapest ammo in the US for years, will no longer be imported.

There was actually a boat load of it about to ship (the last shipment before the sanctions were in place) but the Russian Government forbid the ship from undocking until the ammo was removed. So, there will be no more cheap russian ammo coming. What's there is what's there. And once it's gone, it's gone.

If you think you may want the ammo, don't procrastinate.

Let's go brandon.

. . . the cheapest ammo in the US for years, will no longer be imported. . . .
Let's go brandon.
Well let’s just say it’s gonna go gray market or black market and the price is going to go up.

I’m afraid that if you’re willing to pay there’s a seller.

As far as I can tell California has always been the land of contraband. I have not bought anything myself, but I suspect this hasn’t changed.

edit…. Let’s go Brandon!

My "Happy Place" is me knowing that I probably will not have to ever buy any more factory ammo for the rest of my life. I've been in that happy place for several years now. My kids will thank me for what ammo I bequeath them because who knows what ammunition will cost during their lifetime.

Having too much ammo is like having too much money or too much life ahead of you.

Things can happen in a fleeting moment that can change that in an instant. Fires. Floods. sinkholes Tornadoes and mudslides. Thieves. A whole lifetime of work and sacrifice gone in a matter of minutes.

I don't think I'll ever be able to say I have enough for a lifetime, but I have given it my due diligence. If things stay the way they are now, I may if I'm very lucky. Especially if I'm not at war or having to hunt for every meal I get for myself and family going forward. Especially now that those families are much more extended now than when I first started. Those are my biggest concerns and in looking at how things are going, are becoming more of a possibility with each passing day.

But, I remain hopeful that things will work themselves out, but I'm also aware that is probably a pipe dream at this point. Rome is burning Nero.

Here in central Georgia, 9mm, 5.56 is in pretty good supply but just about all other pistol and rifle calibers are hit or miss. Saw a box of 30-30 at the LGS going for $46.

Back