• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 3000 Police

kwb377

.22LR
Picked this up at a pawn shop today.

Judging by the wear on the top of the reciever, but the lack of wear inside the receiver and on the bolt and action bars, it looks to have been locked in a cruiser mount for awhile but shot very little.

Hopefully I can find a magazine extension...these guns haven't been made since the mid to late 80's, but Choate shows them 'In-stock" so we'll see how accurate their inventory system is.

I've been wanting a "beater" 12g...the last one I bought for that purpose turned out to be too nice, but this one looks to be an excellent candidate.

172690542.xQoBjBBE.jpg

172690543.DBZgmf34.jpg

172690544.LgDBMcHz.jpg

172690545.5PptvfpX.jpg

Nice find.

S&W imported some semiautos mod 1000's from japan for a while as well.

I didn't know that mossberg followed suit, though, that doesn't really surprise me either. Mossberg has been importing a few models from Turkey the last number of years too. And as @nitesite and @LAZY EYED SNIPER pointed out to me, they even imported an uzi carbine back a few decades ago as well marketed to LEO mainly.

I'll mention the stock is a speedfeed. It may have been added later because I don't believe they were in business in the same timeframe as you said the gun was made. I don't recall seeing them for the first time until the early 00's.

As for Choate, they're a great company to do business with. And if they say they have some in stock, they do. And there are probably other guns that are threaded the same and interchangeable is probably the reason why. Though, I don't know that for fact, but wouldn't surprise me there either. To me, it looks more rem 870'ish with the slide release lever on the front of the trigger guard and the angle of the receiver.

But, choate is great. I've had to call on them a few times for their warranty stuff for my mp5 folder and they stand by their products no matter what without question. Great company.

I took a chance and placed an order with Choate yesterday morning. A few minutes later, I got an email with the subject, " A note has been added to your order." I fully expected the note to be, "We apologize...that product has not been in production for a while, is out of stock, and we won't be producing anymore." Instead, I got a tracking number. I tried several magazine caps/extensions I had on hand to test for thread compatibility with no luck (870/1187, Winchester 1200 and SXP, Beretta 1301, Benelli Nova).

I've read that Speedfeeds were original to these guns, but I can't be certain...I know we had some Speedfeeds on some of our issued 1100's when I started the PD in '93.

These are a copy of the 870, but apparently dimensionally different just enough that parts don't interchange.

As for the speedfeed brand stocks, it's possible that it is original to the gun. But, I don't ever recall seeing one with the internal shell holder until the very early 00's, but it's also very possible that I wasn't paying a lot of attention to them at the time. Their very early ones looked more like an AR15 stock with a grip.

I remember buying one of those AR style stocks during the late ban years to put it on a Remington 7400 semiauto 30-06 and it fit it perfectly.

I know this is a terrible picture, but was taken when 35mm film was still a thing and was later converted over to digital. I know you can't really see the stock, but this is the gun.

qre7VBZ.jpg

As for the speedfeed brand stocks, it's possible that it is original to the gun. But, I don't ever recall seeing one with the internal shell holder until the very early 00's, but it's also very possible that I wasn't paying a lot of attention to them at the time. Their very early ones looked more like an AR15 stock with a grip.

We had SpeedFeed stocks, with internal shell holders, on some of our issued 1100's in the mid '90's.

In fact, that's where I'm guessing they got the name...from the ability to quickly dispense ammunition to the shooter from the stock. ;)

I got curious about the timeline of Speedfeed stocks and Googled "Davis Company Speedfeed" and found the following trademark info...

On Monday, January 27, 1986, a trademark application was filed for SPEEDFEED with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. The USPTO has given the SPEEDFEED trademark a serial number of 73579860. The federal status of this trademark filing is REGISTERED AND RENEWED as of Saturday, March 25, 2017. This trademark is owned by DAVIS COMPANY. The SPEEDFEED trademark is filed in the Firearm Products category with the following description:

GUN STOCKS SOLD SEPARATELY, AS A SET OR AS A UNIT WITH GUNS

The Speedfeed brand has since been sold to Safariland.

20220620_180429.jpg

The Choate extension came in yesterday, and I added an old CQB Solutions sling w/ stock mount and a GG&G Benelli Nova front sling mount from my parts bin. Took it out today to check pattern/POI.

No issues...a few shells were weak ejecting, but most flew out with gusto (don't know if it was me soft stroking it or a weak ejector).

Shot Federal LE13200 9 pellet (when I deplete most of this stash, I'll switch over to 8 pellet), and brought along some Winchester Defender (obtained in a trade) and Nobel Sport (bought as cheap training fodder) for comparison.

172709150.0Qixs1i3.jpg

172709151.zKaPCy4l.jpg

172709156.r4iNOxVH.jpg

172709152.EYfZi2bJ.jpg

172709153.2at5AQjB.jpg

I found another M3000 cheap on GB and picked it up from my FFL this afternoon. This one has a deep polished blue finish and other than slide wear on the magazine tube, it looks to be in near-unfired condition. I may set it up like the park'ed version, or may go ahead and SBS it.

173016662.AKM0x42l.jpg

173016661.XHjnFnmn.jpg

173016663.0uH6lxpo.jpg

Back