• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Heat Resistant Barrel Wrap for 930?

No. To be honest, I have fired the shotgun a lot. Semi auto. Dumping out a lot of rounds in short order.

I have never gotten the barrel hot enough to burn you or hot enough to melt something. Or the handguard.

I have made my own heat shields for silencers though. They certainly can get hot enough to brand you. Shotguns though? I've never seen that happen.

No. To be honest, I have fired the shotgun a lot. Semi auto. Dumping out a lot of rounds in short order.

I have never gotten the barrel hot enough to burn you or hot enough to melt something. Or the handguard.

I have made my own heat shields for silencers though. They certainly can get hot enough to brand you. Shotguns though? I've never seen that happen.
My 930 barrel gets pretty toasty.

I've caught an AK on fire but never a shotgun.

I don't have a answer to your question other than Mechanix gloves...or oven mitts if you want to be 'that guy' LOL

I'm late to this thread but, it seems to me wrapping a barrel with heat resistant material would impede the cooling of the barrel .

Was in one of the big box store and in the plumbing section saw this flame protector cloth by Oatey. It's 9 inches by 12 inches and says it will withstand temps to 2500 degrees. Might be a solution for a wrap?

Was in one of the big box store and in the plumbing section saw this flame protector cloth by Oatey. It's 9 inches by 12 inches and says it will withstand temps to 2500 degrees. Might be a solution for a wrap?
...and use a little furnace cement to seal it up... :D (jk!) But good idea, Ernst!

Back