• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

TL-RACKER on a SBS

I’m sure one of the well versed experts from the site will chime in for you, but if I’m reading the specs from the Mossberg site correctly, a 590A1 class3 is just a Shockwave with a regular stock in place of the birds head or raptor grip and some different sights.
Why wouldn’t any Shockwave accessories down stream of the grip, or stock in your case, fit right on? Sorry that isn’t the firm answer you were looking for.

Last edited:
5+1?

I'm not busting your chops either, but class 3 is a firearm dealer license.

I'm assuming you mean short barrel shotgun with a buttstock, nfa, title 2?

Or are you just referring to the shockwave 590 firearm that has a grip?

John, on the Mossberg site it is listed as a 590A1 class 3 which is somewhat confusing since it looks like a stocked Shockwave with a different front sight, not a simple bead. Maybe the class 3 designation is just to indicate it’s restricted purchase, but it reads as part of the model title..BF285117-71E8-428F-9209-44AB21E7FCDF.png

Last edited:
Lol or they just added in the $200 tax stamp for the stock and sights, and just sell it OTC..lol

Yeah, being a licensed manufacturer, they can make/sell short barrel shotguns. Class III is a dealer that is licensed to sell NFA items. So, that's probably why it's referred to as that. I didn't know mossberg was doing that.

Sadly, that gun is perfectly legal in canada no extra tax required. They can have shotguns with less than 18 inch barrels.

America. Land of the free.

Lol.. at least Mossberg is trying to give us all the variations we clamor for within their available parts bins. And a price to pay for something you want can really only be justified by the purchaser….restored classic muscle car buyers, we see you….lol

Looks like Mossberg took seriously what was discussed here eons ago regarding adding a full length butt stock to a Shockwave to make it an SBS.

They apparently too their rear stock that holds 4 spare shells and attached it to the Shockwave plus added their standard ghost ring sights tomake an SBS offering.

Interesting combination but not sure of the added benefit over either a 14 inch Shockwave or an 18 inch standard 590.

But going back to the OP question -- If you go to the GG&G web site it fully explaines the application of a Streamlight Tracker to a 14 inch barrel Mossberg.

Regards and welcome to the forum

If there weren't a stupid $200 tax and registration to have the SBS, I'd much prefer it over the pistol gripped version. I know that everyone has different tastes and opinions, but that would be my pick for sure without hesitation.

That's a really nice looking gun.

John, agree it's a nice looking gun but!!!!

Something for everyone's taste and budget from Mossberg.

I totally agree with you regarding the pistol grip which tears up your wrist if you shoot a lot. However, the bird's head stock on a Shockwave is a pleasure to shoot IMO because the recoil energy is focused down the length of your forearm vice your wrist. Plus the bird's head allows you to aim the weapon without killing your wrist.

Maybe one of these days the tax and registration disadvantages of owning an SBS will go away! But until then!!!!!

Regards

I'm just more accustomed to the stock and prefer it. Glad both types of guys have their options.

I'm not going to hold my breath about nfa taxes going away. They have their claws dug in deep on that one and only a different governing entity would change that. Elected officials and beaurocrats aren't going to. I don't even think scotus wants to touch that.

There's a few cases appealing up to scotus in regards to that, but I'm not holding my breath they'll agree to hear the case either.

I didn't mind paying the tax. What killed me was waiting 11 months to get the stamp. Ernst, I will check out the GG&G site. Thanks

Back