• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New guy with a new Shockwave!

They are scarce for sure. I bought 100 of each, buck and slugs a couple years ago, so I’m set for life.lol and with that Defender adapter in there, I’m golden cuz I can blast away with whatever is in the stack..They will be available eventually I’m sure..

They are scarce for sure. I bought 100 of each, buck and slugs a couple years ago, so I’m set for life.lol and with that Defender adapter in there, I’m golden cuz I can blast away with whatever is in the stack..They will be available eventually I’m sure..

So, you've purchased the Federal Shorty slugs in the past? Or was it Aguila? I'm just wondering if the Federal Shorty slugs have EVER been on the market. So, I'm wondering if putting myself on an email in-stock notification is an exercise in futility... or is there a chance I'll get that in-stock notification?

So, you've purchased the Federal Shorty slugs in the past? Or was it Aguila? I'm just wondering if the Federal Shorty slugs have EVER been on the market. So, I'm wondering if putting myself on an email in-stock notification is an exercise in futility... or is there a chance I'll get that in-stock notification?
Only Aguila I never heard of Federal mini slug until I read about them on this site just a few weeks ago. Never been on a will call list for ammo either, but what’s the harm, as long as you keep your search for them wide open.. or you just start collecting the reloading equipment and the casting gear to make your own slugs..

Have you ever seen the Federal Shorty slugs? Or are they vaporware? Just making sure I understand... Academy sometimes has the Aguila brand? Or Federal, too?

PS: Just looked at academy. Only Aguila and out of stock for all types. I set up an email in-stock notification. I won't be holding my breath, though.

PPS: I just realized that the Aguila minishell slug is really a sabot (smooth sides), and the Federal Shorty slug is a rifled slug. That would seem to be a fairly significant difference, considering the Shockwave barrel is a smoothbore. Yes?

PPPS: ANYone who has a Shockwave should get the Defender Tactical recoil strap. Hell, the Shockwave should come standard with it! Seriously. It's an ESSENTIAL accessory, IMO.
Keep an eye on those notifications, they'll be back eventually! Glad you are enjoying the strap, and good luck finding those Federal slugs. I've just done a bit of digging and can't seem to find any in stock either.

Love this thing.
Made it to the range today.
The day AFTER Christmas is amateur hour with all the new guns. I'll stay home that day.

First time with the Defender Tactical overmolded forend grip. All the DT goodies are top-notch quality (and quite the value!).
1671916700108.png 1671916844281.png

Love this thing.
Made it to the range today.
The day AFTER Christmas is amateur hour with all the new guns. I'll stay home that day.

First time with the Defender Tactical overmolded forend grip. All the DT goodies are top-notch quality (and quite the value!).

Shells? Distance?

I've had good results with 2¾ #1 buck.

I think I would still stick with separating them from their heads. It’s the only sure way to end one..lol
C'mon man, give me a break! We have this on good authority already that 9mm is the authoritatively superior round and will definitely blow the lungs from the body. If a zombie can survive that then the fall back plan of a warning shot from the Shockwave or another shotgun, particularly a double barrel is a good option...will likely scare the zombies away and no further action will be required.

C'mon man, give me a break! We have this on good authority already that 9mm is the authoritatively superior round and will definitely blow the lungs from the body. If a zombie can survive that then the fall back plan of a warning shot from the Shockwave or another shotgun, particularly a double barrel is a good option...will likely scare the zombies away and no further action will be required.
Lol, I’m not talkin bout nice, polite Canadian zombies here. As far as the 9mm, I’ve got one, but I’m sure Alice would laugh and fart in my general direction if I swore the 9 would be the shiznit…

Lol, I’m not talkin bout nice, polite Canadian zombies here. As far as the 9mm, I’ve got one, but I’m sure Alice would laugh and fart in my general direction if I swore the 9 would be the shiznit…
Look don't shoot the messenger! Especially us nice, polite Canadian messengers ok? I'm just passin' on a message from Uncle Joe. You can believe what you like, but Joe said it and quite frankly, I for one believe it. /s

We used to have a Walking Dead thread here. If you search you will probably find it. I stopped watching when it became more "Home on the Prarie"-ish and less "MadMax"-ian... :rolleyes:

I still have a bunch of ZBSs that bolt to 500s I should offer up here. They include a handle so technically sold as a "garden dibber" so could be sold to our international brothers and sisters as "garden implements"... :D

I still have a bunch of ZBSs that bolt to 500s I should offer up here. They include a handle so technically sold as a "garden dibber" so could be sold to our international brothers and sisters as "garden implements"

I have no idea what any of that means! LOL!

Back