• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Buyer Beware

Discover Financial Services, a provider of credit cards, told Reuters it will allow its network to track purchases at gun retailers come April, making it the first among its peers to move ahead with the initiative aimed at helping authorities probe gun-related crimes.
The decision came after the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), which decides on the classification of merchant categories used by payment cards, approved in September the launch of a dedicated code for gun retailers.
Proponents of the move, including gun control activists and Democratic politicians, say it will allow financial institutions to better assist authorities in investigating crimes involving gun violence in the United States.
There has been uncertainty around the implementation, with Visa Inc, Mastercard Inc and American Express Co yet to disclose a timetable for adopting the change. Although the codes will not show specific items purchased, some Republican politicians have spoken out against the move, arguing it could violate the privacy of U.S. citizens lawfully buying guns.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

It is 6 AM here and there is absolutely no reason for me to be awake.

But indigestion was making it impossible to sleep.

I don’t have anything on the schedule today but my wife’s birthday is coming up so I might do some shopping.

My brain is not really working yet and the only thing I can think of right now is screw Joe Biden.

Weather here is improving and we got out to ride the bicycles. My wife managed to fall off, but with minor scrapes and bruises (and some bruised dignity), she managed to pedal on.

I have some chores today, but I am hoping to start welding on the car soon. I have to hoist off the front axle assembly, remove the frame extension, and start setting up a jig to keep the forward frame square.

More rain is coming this week, plus my wife’s birthday, so I don’t expect much progress.

Today is my wife’s birthday, so I’m gonna take her shopping and go out to dinner. It’s lovely, warm, and sunny outside now; but the weather report is calling for scattered showers, & last night it was rather windy.

You guys have a nice day.

Good day to all of yous. Cadd, happy birthday to Judy. We had a high yesterday of 74, today low 40s, and 40s again tomorrow. I stopped by a local gun store yesterday. I bought 450 rounds of 22 lr and 200 rounds of 9mm. Also a pistol cleaning kit and some small cleaning pads. I felt so good afterwards I might do it again today.LOL. I ended up paying about 10 cents a round for the 22 and 30 cents for the 9mm after tax. Not the best deal, but certainly not the worst either.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good day to all of yous. Cadd, happy birthday to Judy. We had a high yesterday of 74, today low 40s, and 40s again tomorrow. I stopped by a local gun store yesterday. I bought 450 rounds of 22 lr and 200 rounds of 9mm. Also a pistol cleaning kit and some small cleaning pads. I felt so good afterwards I might do it again today.LOL. I ended up paying about 10 cents a round for the 22 and 30 cents for the 9mm after tax. Not the best deal, but certainly not the worst either.

I hope you all have a great day.
You certainly could not have gotten it that inexpensively here.

I am dying to go out in the forest and do some shotgun testing. I’m really not that keen to go to the rifle range, Except I feel that I never really got the. 308 dialed in correctly.

Rather than go to the range and deal with all of the rules and regulations I would rather go spend some time out in the desert away from civilization. I haven’t felt that way in a long long time, which is a testament to the wonderful place that Clovis is.

But who knows what the future will bring. On the way to dinner yesterday I saw these clouds and it looked like a tornado was coming.

If we were in Minnesota I would have been really worried.

BBB88207-B671-49EE-9307-8DF91AE0CA66.jpeg

A belated good morning to yous. Cloudy and 36 at noon today, just as the amended forecast predicted. The weekend is supposed to be better.

In Oklahoma we call those clouds springtime, lol. Our 5th season is tornado season. I don't mean to make light of tornados. Believe me, when the weather warrants taking shelter I take shelter.

It's going to be cold at the dog park today, but the dog needs exercise. We won't stay long though.

You all have a great rest of the day.

Evening guys.

Nothing exciting here but we’ve been getting a lovely rain today and I’ve been puttering around in the house. Trying to stay warm and dry and occupied is easy. See what I’m doing has no deadline.

There’s been a lot of crazy news on the Internet. Some of it is beyond ridiculous. I don’t know what to say.

Like our kweerish cabinet secretary getting caught for a theft of women’s clothing committed years ago, when he paraded himself wearing the evidence on TV.

It’s a constant freak show in the news.

It is still raining here and expected to continue through Thursday. This is OK I needed some time off to lounge indoors.

I still have a lot of cleaning up to do in the shed and the garage. I am studiously avoiding that.

I heard they had some tornadoes back in Oklahoma yesterday I hope you guys are all in good condition and staying dry.

Good morning ya'll. We did have some severe weather night before last. A couple of F1 and F2 twisters.

Bobster, yep the tornado you mentioned hit the Moore and Norman area 10 years ago. It was a monster, almost a mile wide at times.

Today is much better. The sky has only high scattered clouds, light wind, and a high forecast to be 77.

You all have a great day.

Good morning all of yous, well morning might be a stretch.

It turns out we had 5 twisters Sunday evening. 3 F1s and 2 F2s. One fatality and lots of property damage. This all 100+ miles west and south of me. Thursday evening into Friday morning more storms are headed our way. It's that time of year here.

Ya'll have a great day.

My best friend from high school retired this year and bought a house in Norman Oklahoma.

He said it tore thru the town about 5 miles from him.

When he bought this house and moved down from Iowa I immediately asked him if his new house had a concrete basement.

It did not. :-0

Good morning to all of yous. Right now we have cloudy skies and 46 degrees. This afternoon should be partly cloudy/sunny and a high of 58. The forecast calls for a 70% chance of thunderstorms, some could be severe.

We take shelter in a closet in the middle of the house when needed. It seems most home in the area are built on slabs. Storm shelters and safe rooms don't seem to be that big of a deal. What has become a big deal is building shelters in school buildings. A very expensive undertaking.

You all have a great day.

Oh, by the way the weather service has now revised the number up. They keep looking and revising. Now they say there were 11 tornadoes Sunday night. Gives them something to do.

What has become a big deal is building shelters in school buildings. A very expensive undertaking.
When my high school in RI was built in the early 60s, they included a bomb shelter. I ALWAYS wanted to see what was in there as it was underground and definitely off limits. Probably full of old desks, slide projectors and mimeographs... :)

Back